Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Memory Foam Mattresses

Milo

Tatonka guide.
JB, that thing is like a flippin bag of sand...make sure you set that fugger up where you dont have to move it...its a beeyatch

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Ok, time to revive this thread. The wife and I were looking at getting a memory foam mattress. The prices have comedown tremendously since this thread first started. We have a queen size bed, and for less than $300, we can have a 10" or 12" memory foam from Ashley Furniture delivered. Our in laws love theirs and a few friends like them too. Haven't heard anything bad about them yet
But, like most things, I wanna know what any of you guys think/know?

Bowkills

Nw oh
Ok, time to revive this thread. The wife and I were looking at getting a memory foam mattress. The prices have comedown tremendously since this thread first started. We have a queen size bed, and for less than $300, we can have a 10" or 12" memory foam from Ashley Furniture delivered. Our in laws love theirs and a few friends like them too. Haven't heard anything bad about them yet
We ordered a queen foam one from Amazon for three or 400 probably 2 plus years ago and it was a life changer. My wife and I regularly comment how much we love it.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

You're going to think I'm nuts but look at Groupon. My wife did a ton of looking and saw one on there, while it was a reputable name we didn't recognize the model. Come to find out every mattress store has the manufacturer give theirs a unique name so that buyers can't price shop different stores. At Ashley it may be called a Serta Moonsleep and at VCF the exact same mattress its called a Serta Ultra Sleep. When find one you like call Serta and ask what other names that model mattress is sold under. We bought the one we wanted off Groupon for $900 less than in store and delivery and takeaway of the old one was included. My FIL recently did the same thing and saved a bunch also. He tried a sleep number and hated it. Said you could definitely still tell it was an air mattress.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Dave, we are on year 14 of our pillow top. Ashleys has a big sale going on right now. $269 for a 12" queen memory foam delivered. Or the same price for a 12 hybrid innerspring/memory foam delivered

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Have had a sleep number for 4 years now. It is a good bed but to me not worth the money.

Buddy of mine had a sleep number and just recently went with one of the Casper beds. He says there is no comparison. He said the Casper is the best money he has ever spent on a bed. May want to check it out.

Reactions: giles

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Dont know if it classifies as a memory foam but the wife and I pulled the trigger on a purple 4 mattress. I hate to admit it, but this was the first mattress we bought since we've been married. That was a little over 23 yrs ago. Had to get a support frame which I didn't mind at all. It fit right into the current bed frame,which could have been a deal breakers the head board and foot board Becky got from her grandmother when she passed. I cant wait to see how different and rejuvenated I feel.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Dont know if it classifies as a memory foam but the wife and I pulled the trigger on a purple 4 mattress. I hate to admit it, but this was the first mattress we bought since we've been married. That was a little over 23 yrs ago. Had to get a support frame which I didn't mind at all. It fit right into the current bed frame,which could have been a deal breakers the head board and foot board Becky got from her grandmother when she passed. I cant wait to see how different and rejuvenated I feel.

Please let us know tomorrow AM

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Unfuggin believable sleep fellas. I'm telling you this thing is unreal.🤩🤩

I was due for a new pillow so got me one of those. I figured if we where flip this much on a mattress why not get the proper sheets, so I threw in a set of sheets made by purple. They stretch with the mattress. 🤯🤯🤯 the wife wasn't happy about it at first, but once she got laid on them........ I mean got to lay on them she quickly changed her mind.

Not cheap by any means, but great things usually aren't. If you've been tossing it around. Go check them out.