Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mike's first buck

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
When I dropped our deerz off I saw your buck, good job!! Debbie and I were checking out the broken side of the rack. We both think it got shot off. From the look of the wound on the ear I would bet during youth season,

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
When I dropped our deerz off I saw your buck, good job!! Debbie and I were checking out the broken side of the rack. We both think it got shot off. From the look of the wound on the ear I would bet during youth season,

Maybe it's in the public woods. Will you help me locate it?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Nice job on the buck, Mike! Nothing wrong with shooting one with a gun, congrats.

If there were walleyes swimming in that woods you could bet your ass swantucky would be there helping you look for that antler!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I was wondering if you guys got your first buck mounted? I know that they can recreate his other side, but I'm not sure my wife will go for it. Thanks.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I mounted my first buck. Little 6 pointer from Michigan. I am glad I did, both of the guys that were with me when I killed it have been dead for years. When I look at that mount I remember it like was yesterday, I say mount it.

Matt

Norton, OH
Yea, I say mount it too. As far as the re-create... I think that's a personal opinion call. I personally would not, as that isn't the deer I shot. Plus, I think it creates character and adds a conversation piece.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Nope, not gonna spend the money. I started to euro the head last evening. I'll start to cook the meat off Saturday. Neat little anatomy lesson. I've a really cool idea for the final mount. Thanks for your thoughts.