Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mineral Sites

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I have been thinking about getting out and putting some minerals in the ground. Hope to have some time tomorrow. We will see how the day plays out. Was curious if anyone else has been putting them out yet or are going to soon.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I will be soon. I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow and get a write up done next week sometime. Just depends on how long it takes to cut up beef tomorrow...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I will be putting mine in the ground tomorrow when I go out to check the live traps. Plan on setting the cam back out and see what I can see after it's been out for about a week or so :D.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well I was able to get 2 different sites put in today and get the cameras hung to watch over them. I kicked up 9 deer on my way into the first one.

Buckmaster

Portage
Not sure on 2011 prices. I'll know for sure this weekend. I didn't get done butchering Saturday until after the feed store closed. Should run me around $35 for 200 pounds...

Let me know how much your Di-Cal Phos goes for. I thought the last time I bought it was something like $ 35 per 50# at Landmark.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm buying all the stuff this week and putting them out Saturday morning. Next Monday, I will post my "article" on minerals. I've been doing a good bit of research looking for more info and I feel the revised version of what I did on OS (Minerals Made Easy) is much better than it was at one time. I actually learned that some information I was given early on was incorrect, so I'll be racanting my statements about selenium. (To a certain degree.) I'm incorporating some info from Matt Harper who writes for Whitetail News and other publications, and his info is spot on with a lot of what I've been reading lately.

I'm going to have some pics, a video or two, and a two part write up on this. I'll get the first part up this week, then finish on Monday with the meat and potatoes of what I am doing...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
The two sites I put out Sat. where left over minerals from last year. I had just over $40 in #200 last year. I am not going to go into detail on what is in it or how I really did it, because that is what Jesse is going to do and he is where I learned this from, so I want to make sure that he is getting all the credit on this subject. I do how ever want to show a couple pics from Sat. This sis just to show when put in the right place a mineral site does not take long at all to do.

Here is a couple of me putting in the site.
PRMS0004.jpgPRMS0007.jpgPRMS0018.jpgPRMS0027.jpg

If you notice the date and time stamp, this is just a few hours after putting in the mineral site.
Butler MS 1.JPG
Then it looks like they told a couple of friends for the next evening.
PRMS0013.JPG

Looking forward to reading your write up Jesse. Hope this just helps out with the whole process.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Better hope Tucky doesn't see that or he might make his own "mineral deposit" in there.lmao