Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Minnesota Black Bear

Fletch

Supporting Member
I'll touch on a few things...

If starting to bait this week, I'd pick up a bottle of anisette and a spray bottle from Home Depot or somewhere, fill spray bottle with anisette ( leave a little to sip on ) and saturate some trees on the way in as soon as possible...

Put some grease in the bait pile so bears get it on their paws and leave a scent trail for other bears to follow to the bait...

I'd have them take logs etc and kinda make a V around bait, therefore forcing bear to enter at a good angle for a shot from your stand site...

Last thing remember bears vitals are different than a deer... You want to aim a little further back and midway vertically... Google aiming points on a bear and you'll see...

GOOD LUCK AGAIN...

Last thing remember bears vitals are different than a deer... You want to aim a little further back and midway vertically... Google aiming points on a bear and you'll see...

GOOD LUCK AGAIN...
Middle of the Middle is what the outfitter we used years ago used to say. Half way up and half way between the front shoulder and front of hips. Of course my shot was a perfect 10 on a whitetail and we had to come back the next day to look for a body. Went a long ways.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Big Holla you are spot on aim center mass between last rib and hip... Should be a dead bear.... Butter pop corn as bait works.... Can carry 2 garbage bags full with little effort...

Reactions: Big_Holla

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A "good enough" shot isn't a shot you take. Slam dunk shots only.

Bears will usually return to bait unless run off by a bigger bear.

Make it bigger than your last one.....

Teeth clacking in the dark will let you know how small you are. So shit before leaving camp.

Baiting bears is for people who can't hunt them 🤭🤣
Is that the same for deer? Asking for a friend….

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
A "good enough" shot isn't a shot you take. Slam dunk shots only.

Bears will usually return to bait unless run off by a bigger bear.

Make it bigger than your last one.....

Teeth clacking in the dark will let you know how small you are. So shit before leaving camp.

Baiting bears is for people who can't hunt them 🤭🤣
Bigger than my last one should not be a problem but remember it takes a good shot to hit a small target. 😂😂😂

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
The next few days are about getting things together and packing up. Still shooting everyday. Will head to the grocery Wednesday evening for a few snacks and Beer. The rest of the food is already taken care of at camp.

Sharpened broad heads one more time.
D643548B-1FE2-4173-9639-FBD7769F0C1C.jpeg

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member