Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mixed signals...

Bowkills

Nw oh
The last two nights I've seen and heard flocks of geese heading south. Two weeks ago and yesterday robins are showing back up...not sure who to believe....

Reactions: Bighoun52

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Residents vs Migratory I would guess. Canadian birds are probably content stopping in Tenn. Ohio birds are probably down here around me. I don't know.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Here in Jersey I have robins in my yard year round... Geese are on every waterway... Go figure..

Reactions: Mike

Bowkills

Nw oh
I get the geese leaving with everything icing up following open water but I didn't know any robins stayed here. Usually don't see them until a warm end of February or early March, not during a polar vortex deeper freeze event.

Fletch

Supporting Member
30 plus inches of snow the other day and I'm out shoveling and 2 robins eating bird food I threw out earlier...

Jamie

Ohio
most Robins move south in winter. we have winter Robins in Ohio that migrate here from up north. these are mostly not the same ones that will be back in the spring. some might not leave, but those that stay move around a lot for food and are usually in flocks.

Fletch

Supporting Member
most Robins move south in winter. we have winter Robins in Ohio that migrate here from up north. these are mostly not the same ones that will be back in the spring. some might not leave, but those that stay move around a lot for food and are usually in flocks.
Yup... It's nothing to see 10-15 in a bunch...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
D8C55561-21D8-465B-902C-2737A8B33742.jpeg