Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

MOLLLE II climber mod

Isaacorps

Columbus
Hey guys, I’m sure some of you have added mil surplus MOLLE backpack straps to your climbers to replace OEM crappy straps (especially on a summit viper like I have). I just ordered the backpack straps and waist belt from eBay to add to mine. I’ve seen some other tutorials but they seem a little less than clear. If anyone has any input on how they’ve done this I’d really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Jackalope

Isaacorps

Columbus
Thanks, that’s a couple ideas to keep in mind. I’ll have a better idea what I’m up against once I receive the parts. I’ve watched a couple videos that are specific to attaching them to the Summit that I have so I’m hoping they’ll make better sense once I have it all right in front of me. I love the flexibility of using my climber but the straps that come with it are so god awful that it makes it nearly unusable on long treks

Treed

Stark County
No problem. It's been three or four years since I did it's still working great. I can't rember if I used 1" or 1 1/4" #8 Machine screws. I'm pretty sure it was 1" though because I remember it being a pain in the ass getting them on. I used a big flat washer on the other side and on this side, I used lock nuts. Come to think of it, these were 1" screws because I had intended to put washers on both sides but I didn't have enough screw so I just screwed the lock nuts down and called it a day. It's been like this ever since and I've packed that damn stand half way to Hades and back, mostly uphill and a lot of it in the snow.

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 286

Isaacorps

Columbus
No problem. It's been three or four years since I did it's still working great. I can't rember if I used 1" or 1 1/4" #8 Machine screws. I'm pretty sure it was 1" though because I remember it being a pain in the ass getting them on. I used a big flat washer on the other side and on this side, I used lock nuts. Come to think of it, these were 1" screws because I had intended to put washers on both sides but I didn't have enough screw so I just screwed the lock nuts down and called it a day. It's been like this ever since and I've packed that damn stand half way to Hades and back, mostly uphill and a lot of it in the snow.

Awesome, thanks for the pic!

Isaacorps

Columbus
Finally got around to installing the straps on my climber. Wow, what an improvement! Hope to use it a lot more this year to hunt some hard to reach areas and be more mobile depending on wind and weather conditions. I should’ve done this way sooner lol