Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

More challenges to a Game Wardens powers coming

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
This happens more than we know. But I think it happens more in Tennessee and other areas because they can't bait. And they can say they were checking on baiting calls and get away with it. I'd say there may be more to this story but I think it's crap they think they can just do what they want. My buddy got In trouble last year for baiting down there until he went to court and they looked at the trail cam that the wardens took and it showed there hadn't been any active baiting there for over 2 months. They literally dug up a couple inches of dirt to find any corn and what they found was molded. The only reason they knew they had thrown any corn back there is because the neighbor was trespassing and called in but he didn't get introuble for trespassing.even tho the landowner wanted to press charges. The law there is all bait has to be removed 10 days prior to hunting. They knew it hadn't been baited but still drug him to court to get as much money as they could.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Milo

Tatonka guide.
This happens more than we know. But I think it happens more in Tennessee and other areas because they can't bait. And they can say they were checking on baiting calls and get away with it. I'd say there may be more to this story but I think it's crap they think they can just do what they want. My buddy got In trouble last year for baiting down there until he went to court and they looked at the trail cam that the wardens took and it showed there hadn't been any active baiting there for over 2 months. They literally dug up a couple inches of dirt to find any corn and what they found was molded. The only reason they knew they had thrown any corn back there is because the neighbor was trespassing and called in but he didn't get introuble for trespassing.even tho the landowner wanted to press charges. The law there is all bait has to be removed 10 days prior to hunting. They knew it hadn't been baited but still drug him to court to get as much money as they could.
This is the stuff that has to stop. Hopefully he went after them for legal fees

Reactions: finelyshedded

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have a friend that now lives in TN. About fifteen years ago he got nailed for baiting turkeys. He was innocent. Just hunting turkeys on a farm where some other person was in fact baiting. He had no idea this was going on. It didn’t matter to the WO that he had the wrong man. He went to court, paid a fine and I believe he lost a 10 gauge shotgun. I’ve known him my entire life. He shoots a pile of turkeys every year by using time proven techniques- a couple of calls and sitting still. He wouldn’t spend a dollar to illegally kill a turkey. You would think an officer going to all the trouble of catching a wildlife violator would actually take the time to find out who the violator actually was. He wasn’t even close to the bait site and had no idea it existed.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow!!! Ida been pissed! What your buddy went through was total BS!!!!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
That's seriously messed up!

I'd get me some trained killer dogs and let them roam my property 24/7/365 after such an incident or discovery of any government cameras and/or officials, a dozen of them if that's what it takes. I'd make that my mission if that were to ever happen to me, guaranteed!