Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

More pics of locked monster bucks

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Looks like it was the one on the left that lost the initial fight, with the broken neck. It looks like they had been that way for quite a while too, with the way the horns are all bleached all ready.

It sure would be an awful way to go. :smiley_armscrossed:

Did you find these Chad?

Gern186

Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Looks like it was the one on the left that lost the initial fight, with the broken neck. It looks like they had been that way for quite a while too, with the way the horns are all bleached all ready.

It sure would be an awful way to go. :smiley_armscrossed:

Did you find these Chad?
No, dammit!

They were only about 1/4 mile from one of my stands down in a ditch. I hunted that stand 2 times the week they were discovered......Not once did I see any buzzards or crows circling that area! Also, I drive past that spot several times per day and didn't notice anything. The farmer was working bean stubble ground and found them.

Matt

Norton, OH
I was talking to someone, can't remember who, but he thought it would be cool if you found a locked pair like that to get some capes and mount them so that they would be at 90 degree angles to each other and you would hang it in a corner. With two bucks like that right there, I think that would be the ticket. Heck, I think that would be cool to do with two UN-locked bucks...

Gern186

Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Yes they were scored, although I don't think officially. One was in the 170's and the other low 160's.

I had a very close encounter with the larger one the year before from the ground in a cornfield the first week of season.....lets just say I had an equipment malfunction....still wake up at night thinking about that moment.

"J"

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Davie County, NC
Wow, how did I miss this thread??? That's one serious find there.... I would love too see the mount pictures..... Thanks for the update Chad and Ron.....