Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mornin' geezer!

Y’all alright up there?
Yeah, damn furnace quit last night around 12:30 am. Seems the induction motor/blower assembly went as it was a loud squeal when I first heard it. Then went down to look it over and it wouldn't get past the initial start up and shut off as I'm sure some bearings were fried in it. Played the call the local repair guy at 1 am only to have him poo-poo the furnace brand and immediately start trying to talk me into a new furnace WTF. Picked up the new assembly on the way in to work for $300 and will fix it when I get home. That guy/company was going to charge well over $600 to fix.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah, damn furnace quit last night around 12:30 am. Seems the induction motor/blower assembly went as it was a loud squeal when I first heard it. Then went down to look it over and it wouldn't get past the initial start up and shut off as I'm sure some bearings were fried in it. Played the call the local repair guy at 1 am only to have him poo-poo the furnace brand and immediately start trying to talk me into a new furnace WTF. Picked up the new assembly on the way in to work for $300 and will fix it when I get home. That guy/company was going to charge well over $600 to fix.
Good luck, these temps y’all been getting will work out your system that’s for sure...

Reactions: Big_Holla