Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moving

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Man this life is getting old. So far we've only had a few items broken, but we'll get reimbursed for the damages. Sooner or later we're going to need to retire and start a real life.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Thunder bring us up to speed. Last I knew you were heading overseas....quite a few months ago though I believe. If you're coming back to the States welcome back and thanks for your service brother!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Thunder bring us up to speed. Last I knew you were heading overseas....quite a few months ago though I believe. If you're coming back to the States welcome back and thanks for your service brother!

We're in Japan now. I was home in the USA for about two weeks in July/August. Looking back I wish I had stayed a while longer now.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Is the Duke here. WTF? Stuff is going away. I am going to be banned already :(

Beentown

I didn't delete nothing... Sure it was in here? TF has like 5 welcome posts floating around here lol.... If we delete something we can still see it, but i don;t see anything.. So it wasn't any of us.. Maybe a forum grimlin... PM me what the post said and I'll search for it.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
chuck, you plannin on comin back to Johnstown when your through?

As of today that's the plan. When we where home we looked at a few homes in the local area. I found a few with 15 to 20 acres and a nice house for around $350,000. The current plan is to move the family back home and I'll do one more year at my next duty station and then retire. This would work out nicely because it would give us a year to get the house set up while Uncle Sam helps pay my morgage.

However, as things tend to do, our plans could easily change. If a certain major billet in NC opens when I'm due to come back we may just move back into our house (it's being rented now) and do another three years. I also found out there is a good chance if we stick around I'll have at least one look at LtCol too. The difference between retiring as a Maj at 27 years and a LtCol at 31 is about $25,000 a year. We'll see how it works out though. Hell I may ever retire from here! It all depends on my next set of orders.

If we do move back I'm hoping to find a job at DLA or DCSC in Columbus.

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
Central Ohio is more a reality.

Slowly, but surely the boxes are getting unpacked. We moved from a 3000 square foot home to a 1300 square foot apartment. eek

WTF - how hard iz it ta unpack two sea bags - dang :rolleyes::smiley_attention:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Sounds awsome Thunder. It would be difficult to turn down another 4yrs of service for that nice incentive after retiring...good luck in whatever you choose to do and thanks again for your service. Have a safe trip home and look foward to meeting up with you someday.