Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzleloader of the past.....

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
My dad was into black powder rifles back in the early 80's. He assembled 3 and bought a factory TS in SS. It was just a hobby as he's never hunted. They're all beautiful guns.

Fletch

Supporting Member
View attachment 117567I couldn't believe I found the breech plug tool for this old thing in a shotgun shell box from my youth. Then it came apart extremely easy. Think I need to shoot this thing again before cleaning and it gets hidden for over twenty more years. Are little caps hard to come by?
Anything related to ammo is impossible to find....

Reactions: Mike

Fletch

Supporting Member
Anyone have a use for Buffalo bullets PM me... I've got maybe 30 or so...You can have them... Heat them up a little to get the old dried up lube off then just re-lube...Good as new... One of these get togethers I'll make and bring them out...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Anyone have a use for Buffalo bullets PM me... I've got maybe 30 or so...You can have them... Heat them up a little to get the old dried up lube off then just re-lube...Good as new... One of these get togethers I'll make and bring them out...
Bring a trail cam with you....I’ll clean the sd card for you so you’ll feel at home.

I just dialed mine in at the rifle range, on Thursday. I'm happy that it's grouping good (1 1/2") at 50 yards and that the flintlock is firing consistently.
Hatfield flintlock, 50 caliber, 39" barrel with a 1:70 twist. This will be my first hunt with a flintlock rifle. :cool:

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• H3.jpg
    H3.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 131
  • H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 133
  • H4.jpg
    H4.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 128

Stressless

Keene, OH
The struggle was real and lotsa fun. I went the nipple and cap and T/C .50 Hawkin. The barrel went bad, deflection, and had to retire it. T/C said they'd replace with anything in their lineup so I had send me a Bone Collector .50 first year using that online.

Prolly gonna get two more Hawkin's, hunt elk them and my boy in Colorado. That's him and me a lifetime ago, before he carried a gun, he went with me on stand.

This was a hunt where I shot two does out of the same family group, shoot reload shoot, he was about 3' from me. Great times and big smoke.

Retreat094.jpg