Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzleloader totals.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I know one thing, with the lack of killing going leading up to muzzleloader, it prompted a lot of driving and shotgun kills. I heard more drives and shotguns going off than muzzleloaders this weekend. With the new tagging system, there is really no fear of getting busted for it. I'd love to know the actual number of deer killed by muzzleloaders vs shotguns this weekend...

Ditto.... The two evening I hunted I heard one muzzy way off both nights and 10 plus shotgun shots. 3-4 barrages of 2-3 rounds each.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Keep in mind waterfowl season was still in . Might explain some of the multi shot barrages. Not all tho. I am sure some deer were shot with shotgun hell some were probably shot with centerfire rifle too . But not many .

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Where I was hunting I didn't hear too many groups of shots that sounded "suspicious", though I did hear it once or twice.

A few years ago though a group of hunters from one of our neighboring states did a push near one of the areas we normally hunt. They walked in and must have bounced up a herd while they were walking because it was nonstop firing for a long enough time I was wondering how they were reloading that fast.