Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzleloading ding

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
View attachment 117566Found this stuff today at my local old man on the river store.....where in the hell do I find the old percussion caps? I tore this old loader down was going to see if I could hunt with it for memories.
You can’t find anything on the shelves down here. Just some of the oddball stuff. Oddly enough, powerbelts and percussion cap loaders are still everywhere. No powder too shoot it.... Is it just production is that down or demand that high?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
View attachment 117566Found this stuff today at my local old man on the river store.....where in the hell do I find the old percussion caps? I tore this old loader down was going to see if I could hunt with it for memories.

I plan on getting out. I'll be shooting this week as well. Haven't shot my ML for a long time. When I get my ML stuff out I'll check for older style caps. I think I gave them away years ago.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I plan on getting out. I'll be shooting this week as well. Haven't shot my ML for a long time. When I get my ML stuff out I'll check for older style caps. I think I gave them away years ago.
I know for a fact I've seen a little tin in a hiding somewhere. Ill go on a search for some tomorrow....

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio

20201229_232037.jpg

You have can have it all. Everything works and the Elephant black powder is still good. The #11 percussion caps are brand new and never been opened. All stored properly too. You'll have to travel though to get them from me. I can meet you part way tomorrow perhaps. I'll give them to you at no cost!

Bowkills

Nw oh
Thanks there fellas! I'll put out some texts to my buddy's around here today. Surely someone close would have some old caps laying around. Deny hang on to that stuff someone will need it sometime(Giles), or u might come across an old hawkin that needs shot . I just need caps for now.

Reactions: giles

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Thanks there fellas! I'll put out some texts to my buddy's around here today. Surely someone close would have some old caps laying around. Deny hang on to that stuff someone will need it sometime(Giles), or u might come across an old hawkin that needs shot . I just need caps for now.

Good luck! Hope you find some, if not, you can still get a hold me over the next couple of days if need be. Not doing too much both Thursday & Friday during the day.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I didn't locate any. Fairly certain they went with the Remington 700 I sold years ago. Or I gave them to a buddy. Sorry man.