Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My boy at Basic Training

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
My middle son Caleb will graduate basic two weeks from yesterday. I got a picture of him today and man he is fit! He told me he finished 9th out of 220 in the PT test. I miss him Terribly, 2 weeks ago today was his 22nd birthday. I am beyond proud or how hard he worked to get in shape before he went and how well he has done.

He scored 31 out of 40 on the BRM, and was pissed off because he said it was the old range with crappy sensors. He really wanted to get 36 for expert level, which he do later.

He is the picture from today

97570693-34D4-4B2D-8D2B-3D781873B308.jpeg

From right before he left

D6FF5A53-03CA-4B7C-BE3E-C4D398D61AA9.jpeg

And from 1 year ago

A66498E0-33B0-4AEC-8567-C3D4E21DB8F9.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Awesome! Amazing what a couple months of pushing dirt will do ain't it.

And what's this camelbak bullshit. Wheres the web belt with a green plastic canteen that tastes like shit. How do you hold a camelbak over your head upside down while it drips on your head and yell "Beat the heat drill Sergeant!"

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Thanks for all the comments, he had worked for it for sure. Talked to him on the phone yesterday, they were going on a 3 day ruck. He still can’t believe how stupid some of the people are, he said they just can’t listen to and follow instructions. I laughed and said well, you have had a drill instructor all your life, so it was easy for you.