Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My dead deer story...It was ALL luck!!! and I mean that!

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
I agree jack, but he was literally the only guy I could call...since my family and friends were 2 hrs away and I was new in town. But I do agree he was kinda pissin me off when he kept talking.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
TM, absolutely a great story and an awesome deer!
I would love to see a pic of the deer on the car if you got one -

And I think yer sellin yerself short saying it was all luck - sounds to me like you worked your butt off and did all the right things to get that guy, made yer own luck.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Great story and deer. Where in NW Ohio do you live?? If your not too far from me I can normally get away to help track if this situation ever comes up agian.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great story and great deer Ryan! Don't be afraid to look me up if you need a hand finding one this year.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Good story Parrish. I agree with Jack on this one, it sounds as if your buddy had somewhere to go and he didn't know what he was doing..

If you get into this situation again, be sure to give me a call, I'm only about an hour away....I will be there if I can.

Also, it's really nice that your buck only had a few inches of deductions.....

It seems all the ones I shoot have a shit load of deductions.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Also there is something we can all take away from this story.. I hear more and more about guys shooting monsters from stands that are not constant deer producers..

We've all been there.. You hang a stand in what you know is the area. You've ran it all over a 1,000 times in your head and all sign points to here.. You hang the stand, hunt it a few times, and don't see the first deer... If you know you're right, don't give up.. Don't second guess yourself and move... All you need at this point is ass in a stand...

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
thanks guys, I will make the calls this fall if I need it. Hope I don't have to call. I learned alot from that hunt and it's all little things I will use on my future hunts.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Let's hear some one elses hunting story.....oh yea, one other thing I learned that I will do on my next deer is that I should enjoy the moment and take alot of pics!!!....some thing I sadly didn't do for BOB.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I guess between Chad and I we got your back this year. Like you said, hopefully you don't need help tracking a deer.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A Little tip also Tree Monkey, NEVER call that guy back to help you track blood..... I mean Never. A good friend helping you track blood should be more excited than you to find your deer. He should push you to keep looking, and not give up... If looking the next day or hours later, He should tell you he thinks it was a good hit, even though it may look questionable.

That guy you called who was constantly saying he thinks you shot it in the ass was of no help to you.. With an atitude like that, and to keep saying it, i can guarantee he wasn't looking too hard for blood. And was probably goobering it up more than he was helping.

You need a good friend on the blood with you.. Somebody who cares and wants to find your deer worse than you do. Helping a buddy find a deer after a long track, is almost as good as being in the stand when he shot it.

Just saying man... Just saying..
I was thinking the same thing and totally agree! Great story TM! Thanks for sharing.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
the next 45 secs went by like 2 secs it was all reaction and no thinking.......

.... So I drew back and shot him in the ass.. No wait that Hoyt's story.. :)

I just dont know what to say to that one other than he is hanging on the wall, and you made me laugh cause you made a funny.

Nice buck TM, and great story behind it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I just dont know what to say to that one other than he is hanging on the wall, and you made me laugh cause you made a funny.

Nice buck TM, and great story behind it.

Oh I know he's hanging on the wall bud.. It was just a poke at you.. You worked you ass off for that deer and the story was looking like it was heading in that direction.. When he said all he could see was the ass It just all came together. Don't take it wrong...
We've all shot one as the pro's on TV say.... "a little further back than i would have liked".. :)

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Did we ever find out what the hell that trailer he was building was going to be turned into? I was looking forward to that. Hopefully I didn't miss it. :smiley_depressive: