Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My good friend and Lou Gherig's Disease

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sorry to hear about this Mike. Joe wasn't in during the Persian Gulf War but might have some info. What I know about it is minimal. From my understanding, there were supposedly not any NBC attacks on us, but I am thinking this is just what they tell us. I believe the government still claims there is no such thing as "Persian Gulf Syndrome" either. Maybe they have changed their stance on this. One theory which I think is believable would be related to the moving dunes in the dessert. Basically with the wind changing the shapes of the dunes and terrain, there are pockets of crap where Saddam had used the stuff in the past. Sometimes it is buried, other times it is at the surface. Not much info on the subject from me, but this is about all I know of it. Doesn't help your friend and to be truthful, when I heard about this it was still just a theory.

Hope your friend is able to benefit from the ever advancing technology and research our health industry is working on. Sad way to leave this world. Doesn't seem fair at all.

The most common belief is that PGS is from Depleted Uranium shells that we used in our tanks. After being fired and striking an enemy tank they vaporize into a powder. The powder is depleted uranium. Which can cause all sorts of neurological issues.

Last edited: