Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Mom Did It Again

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
This morning was a pretty typical morning with the gobble on the roost and clam up when they hit the ground, so we found a bird that would gobble and set up on him at 7:30. He responded well but he was in his strutt zone and wouldn't move. After 45 minutes I was ready to move on him and I see some jakes coming in behind us, my mom loves turkey hunting and it doesnt matter if its a jake or a longbeard if it steps in front of her gun its getting shot, and that is exactly what happened.

I do almost all my turkey hunting with my Mom and it's a great feeling to share something I love to do with someone so special to me.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio

My mom will be 65 in June and gets up at 345 and drives and hour to my house to hunt turkeys, I've never once heard her complain. We have had a great time this year and I will have to say that there are not to many Grandmas thats got a shoe box full of as many turkey beards as my mom. She shot a great bird about 8 years ago that was 22 pounds, had an 11 1/2" beard and both spurs were 1 1/2", when we got home that day I hung it from a tree limb and said "how does it feel to kill a limb hanger" and she said "Im just as happy shooting a jake". I have two young kids and I'd bet my life that she will be there the day they get to pull the trigger on their first bird.