Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My rant for the day...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
To the uneducated fool like myself, the neither surprises me, nor bothers me all that much. Strickland has been a political figure my entire life. If the NRA and the other gun/hunting/outdoor folks continue to endorse him, then surely the man is my friend on that front. I honestly don't know. And honestly, doing the work to find out is not something that crosses my mind. Ever...

If you did look into the endorsement i think you would be surprised. The BFA made out nicely helping the NRA out of their foot in their mouth mess. They should get their BFA member on the NRA board now. ;) The NRA knew they screwed up the day after they endorsed him. Instead of yanking the endorsement they engaged local orgs in an effort to make it appear they had support. It was a damage control move. As far as SO goes. Most SO counties went Strickland. They believed the crap mailers and ads the Strickland campaign mass mailed out. Not their fault. Most down that way don't have the ability to look up alternate media sources online to find the truth and put the puzzle together. So all they have is mail and pro strickland local news. And if they do have competent online access, they have better things to do, it is after all hunting season. :) I think it was a combination of that, and the fact that many in those counties have made unemployment and welfare a career. I'm sure they're appreciative of the 99 weeks of unemployment they can get now.. But.. I think the gravy train is about to derail.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
If you did look into the endorsement i think you would be surprised. The BFA made out nicely helping the NRA out of their foot in their mouth mess. They should get their BFA member on the NRA board now. ;) The NRA knew they screwed up the day after they endorsed him. Instead of yanking the endorsement they engaged local orgs in an effort to make it appear they had support. It was a damage control move. As far as SO goes. Most SO counties went Strickland. They believed the crap mailers and ads the Strickland campaign mass mailed out. Not their fault. Most down that way don't have the ability to look up alternate media sources online to find the truth and put the puzzle together. So all they have is mail and pro strickland local news. And if they do have competent online access, they have better things to do, it is after all hunting season. :) I think it was a combination of that, and the fact that many in those counties have made unemployment and welfare a career. I'm sure they're appreciative of the 99 weeks of unemployment they can get now.. But.. I think the gravy train is about to derail.

So, so true.

I figured that was the deal with Strickland. I'm not saying I'll never become an educated voter again. I'm waiting for those fuckers to show me that the political landscape has changed. All y'all that are part of the "change", might end up putting a foot in my ass just like the last group that was part of "change". Until I see that even the people I side with are not corrupt, self-serving suits, I'm gonna keep my votes to myself. Right or wrong right?!?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So, so true.

I figured that was the deal with Strickland. I'm not saying I'll never become an educated voter again. I'm waiting for those fuckers to show me that the political landscape has changed. All y'all that are part of the "change", might end up putting a foot in my ass just like the last group that was part of "change". Until I see that even the people I side with are not corrupt, self-serving suits, I'm gonna keep my votes to myself. Right or wrong right?!?

I agree.. This isn't over. It's not the time to ease up on the pressure we have been giving politicians. They will do as the people say or we will beat their ass just as we beat their predecessors ass. The good news is, for now, it looks like they understand that.. All the acceptance speeches i saw last night they mostly made it clear that the peoples anger put them there.. I hope they know that the same wave that they rode in on, is the same wave that can slam them to the bottom if need be..

Stump

Ass Regulator
Just saw this ...so it's too late to change anyone's mind....the thing that comes to mind is there are places in the world that people risk their lives to vote...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Just saw this ...so it's too late to change anyone's mind....the thing that comes to mind is there are places in the world that people risk their lives to vote...

And fortunately America is not one of them...

I made the decision to sit this one out so as to not contribute to the problem. If the problem was fixed, or mended yesterday, then I'll be happy to cast my vote in 2012 for people that fit the bill. Until then, I stand behind my decision. In my opinion, it makes me no less of an American. Instead of following the masses, I exercised a different right. Same concept, different plans of action...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And fortunately America is not one of them...

I made the decision to sit this one out so as to not contribute to the problem. If the problem was fixed, or mended yesterday, then I'll be happy to cast my vote in 2012 for people that fit the bill. Until then, I stand behind my decision. In my opinion, it makes me no less of an American. Instead of following the masses, I exercised a different right. Same concept, different plans of action...

I understand what you are saying Jesse. Making a choice not to vote is not exercising a right though. It's a liberty to not exercise a right. :p

Voltaire once said... “The true character of liberty is independence, maintained by force”

You exercised the independence, we exercised the force. Hopefully this means we will all enjoy liberty and independence by putting a stop to this bulldozing of America's foundation.

Like i said though.. This election wasn't the end.. Just because we put them there doesn't mean it fixed anything. We will have to stay on them to accomplish that.. This is a movement of the people, not of the parties.. A message was sent. That I think both side understand... Do what we say, or we'll replace your ass.. The days of the untouchables are over. Some very long standing career untouchables were shown the door last night.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
However you want to word it buddy! Regardless, it's still a beautiful day to be an American!!! :smiley_carnaval:

You are right.. It is a good day to be an American. :smile:

As to the wording. ;)

Liberty: A concept of political philosophy and identifies the condition in which an individual has the right to act according to his or her own will

Not voting is a liberty
Voting is a right.
But we also have a right to liberty. So liberty is a right. LOL I kill me sometimes.