Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My son's first repair job. I think I am going to cry!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My son got a sled today from Santa at the Volunteer Fire Department's Christmas party. In his excitement to take the tag off the hand hold, he ripped the sled. Tonight he comes into my office and says, "Daddy, I fixed it." I look up and see him holding his new sled with his first repair job performed with duct tape. It seems it was instinctive for him to know duct tape is the number one tool in a redneck's repair box. I am so proud! I think I might cry!

Attachments

• IMG00352-20101205-2029 Garrett's first repair job.jpg
    IMG00352-20101205-2029 Garrett's first repair job.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 115

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sam- I would say he gets some of it honest (nature). But I will nurture the growth. Six years old and has a problem. Comes up with his own solution. Proceeds to implement his solution and repair the sled. Have a problem, find a solution. Yep, at least at 6 yrs old, I know he is straight. Fixed it like a man! Fixed it like a redneck would too!

rrr

Capitalize Redneck, didn't you see Jesse's post....dang....

:D Nice work son!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Ah the endless usages for Duct Tape :D.

He is well on his way to becoming a full fledged Redneck and might I say he is a pretty quick learner :smiley_clap:

Next lesson will be " The many different uses of a metal cloths hanger " rotflmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I didn't teach him this trick. I have found on dirtbikes or in wet environments, electrical tape works better. When there is nothing to stick to, the electrical tape will at least stick to itself! Maybe I should introduce him to bailing wire and zip ties? The next McGyver?

And yes Dannman, it does. Although to be honest, I am a stickler for doing things correctly. I will use duct tape in a pinch, but I am not a fan if there is time to fix it right. Not a fan of the crescent wrench when you have sockets or open/box end wrenches available either. Call me anal. I don't care. However, in this instance, I do believe duct tape was the right choice!

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Maybe I should introduce him to bailing wire and zip ties?

Yes, definitely!! And don't forget about gorilla glue..... You must be a proud Papa!!!

Yesterday, I had to use zip ties to get the star on our Christmas tree to stand up straight by bracing the tip of the tree with two steel rods. Zip tied 'em right to the tip and presto!!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I didn't teach him this trick. I have found on dirtbikes or in wet environments, electrical tape works better. When there is nothing to stick to, the electrical tape will at least stick to itself! Maybe I should introduce him to bailing wire and zip ties? The next McGyver?

And yes Dannman, it does. Although to be honest, I am a stickler for doing things correctly. I will use duct tape in a pinch, but I am not a fan if there is time to fix it right. Not a fan of the crescent wrench when you have sockets or open/box end wrenches available either. Call me anal. I don't care. However, in this instance, I do believe duct tape was the right choice!

Hi ANAL!

:smiley_crocodile: