Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Texas adventure

Lundy

My company leases 2000 acres low fence SW of San Antonio. This is unlike anything I ever experienced hunting multiple states in the mid-west. There is no way to even think about walking through the brush and scrub. We take 3 groups of customers every year. I quit deer hunting in Ohio many years ago and never shot one in Texas the last 4 years of doing this. I enjoyed trying to locate good deer and throw up a pop up blind and get a customer on them. However this deer and I had a history for the last 2 months and it became personal. I decided that if he messed up I would take him, 3 location moves and finally the right wind, he messed up.(the rut and buck to doe ratio helped a bunch) I will be back to just taking pictures and videos in future years I believe

Last edited:

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
My company leases 2000 acres low fence SW of San Antonio. This is unlike anything I ever experienced hunting multiple states in the mid-west. There is no way to even think about walking through the brush and scrub. We take 3 groups of customers every year. I quit deer hunting in Ohio many years ago and never shot one in Texas the last 4 years of doing this. I enjoyed trying to locate good deer and throw up a pop up blind and get a customer on them. However this deer and I had a history for the last 2 months and it became personal. I decided that if he messed up I would take him, 3 location moves and finally the right wind, he messed up.(the rut and buck to doe ratio helped a bunch) I will be back to just taking pictures and videos in future years I believe
Congrats again and I hope another buck takes up a personal issue with you so we can see you smack another nice one!

Reactions: finelyshedded

Lundy

The TWD aged the deer I shot at 8.5, he was a old one for sure
Deer age.jpg