Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

need some help

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Do yourself a favor and get a Bushnell TC. I've been running mine non-stop since last December (2009)... it's taken over 7000 pictures, and a hundred or so videos... all on the same set of Energizer ultimate lithiums and the battery meter still says full power. IMO, the 8 mp is worth the extra money. I always run mine on 8 mp because it gives you capability of zooming in on your computer, while still maintaining clarity. If I had 200 bucks burning a hole in my pocket right now, I'd buy another one at the drop of a hat.

i think im gonna do a mix of 8 mgp and 5 mgp , the 5 mgp's will go on public land , and land thats not to secure , then ill put the 8's on my secure land to where i know they wont get stolen , and if i start getting pics of big bucks ill switch those cams with the 8 mgp

this trail cam thin has bitten me hard

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Its like Christmas every time you pull a card or check the live-cam. I can't believe I was too stubborn to run cams until a few years ago.

When I hooked up the livecam it was good my son and I were off school/work that first week. We would stay up most of the night waiting for the next pic to come in. Highly addictive!!!

As far as the origanal question I have no idea. I have only used the BECs. I do agree if the area is not secure no way I would leave a BEC out.

Last edited:

Lundy

Help me out please.

Where are you seeing the 5mgp's for $50?

I would like to buy 4 right now at that price.

Thanks

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You sure this isn't an opening bid price? I need to go look myself. I gave $160 a piece for 4 of the 8mp cams on Optics Planet. I would suggest the "Bearproof" security box and Python locks for all of them. Better to have a little more in the security of your cameras and 3 cameras, than to have 4 cameras with no security and 4 turns into 1/2/3 after they get stolen. Even on "secure" property one of mine was stolen this year. You will be amazed at the foot traffic you find when you buy one.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I googled, googled, ebayed, and googled some more... I couldn't find any 5mp bushnells for less than 129 bucks.