Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need some help...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well, I put a friend in a bind and I need some help getting him out of it. I lost a Butler Creek Quick Carry Sling this weekend, which are easy enough to find. The problem is the color was Mossy Oak Duck Blind and it has been discontinued. We've both been looking around without any luck, so I was hoping you all could help me out. There's a chance we can recover the one I left in the Ranger out in Missouri, but I figure that's slim to none. I've got a 30-pack for the guy that finds one!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
The one that is at ableammo is out of stock, better hurry and get one listed on amazon before they run out. A lot of sites I checked were out of stock.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Whoever's gun it is, give them a Cabela's gift card and the beer and say thanks!

It's Zach's uncles gun and of course, it couldn't be an easy to find sling or a guy that could give a shit less! When my gun jammed Sunday, I went and got the Winchester SX3 that we had as a back up. I took the sling off so I didn't get it caught on anything in the blind and laid it in the open end of the case. Our guide left at lunch, so I snagged the case out of the back of the Ranger, but the sling must have fallen out in the bed of the Ranger. The chances of recovering it are probably slim to none, but I'm trying to track people down.

I should have taken my own back up gun like I had planned, but we were low on room. It would figure that something would happen. The worst part is, he has to take the heat for something I did. So I'd like to make things right if at all possible...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's Zach's uncles gun and of course, it couldn't be an easy to find sling or a guy that could give a shit less! When my gun jammed Sunday, I went and got the Winchester SX3 that we had as a back up. I took the sling off so I didn't get it caught on anything in the blind and laid it in the open end of the case. Our guide left at lunch, so I snagged the case out of the back of the Ranger, but the sling must have fallen out in the bed of the Ranger. The chances of recovering it are probably slim to none, but I'm trying to track people down.

I should have taken my own back up gun like I had planned, but we were low on room. It would figure that something would happen. The worst part is, he has to take the heat for something I did. So I'd like to make things right if at all possible...

If you would have just bought a Browning you wouldn't be in this little mess. :)

Hope you find one, man.

Kaiser878

ohio
So how did ya do it?

Well first off I had the c olor wrong, it wasnt duck blind, it was mossy oak shadow grass. Much like duck blind , mossy oak shadow grass is a PIA to find in this sling as well. Well I did some research and found out what company made them, they were made by outdoor connection. I called them and they sent me one from the factory. You cannot get that color in stores anymore for soem reasoN!