Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Needing extra parts.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Hey fellas just wanted to throw this out there. I had a young boy that I go to church with that approached me and asked if I would help him get a bow to where he could hunt with it by next season. I said sure and started to make a list of things that he is going to need to get so that he can hunt confidently with it.

I figured I would throw out the parts list and see if any of you guys had some of these parts laying around collecting dust that you could pass on or sell for a good deal. The boy is in high school and plays sports, so needless to say he doesn't have a lot of money.

He is in need of a rest, preferably a whisker biscuit. He could use a set of sights and a stabilizer. At that point he would be able do start dialing this bow in to where he could hunt with confidence.

Thanks in advance
Steve

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
If I get my new rest, sights, and stab from our sponsors, I will gladly donate what I have now to a young man in need. I will keep you informed if it goes through.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have a WB rest he can have. The only problem is it's the small opening so he will need small carbons like Easton axis. But if nobody has anything better he is welcome to it.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Joe I think the WB would be a grat thing for him. He has minimal experience and I think the WB is idiot proof for the most part. Just let me know what I need to do to get it from you.

Wayne, be sure to keep me up to date.

This is what I love about this place. When people in need, people step to the plate and fill the need. I know Dylan will greatly appreciate it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang... if this was posted a few months ago I could've hooked him up. I just donated my old PSE fully set up to a guy in need this past December. If I come across anything, I will let you know man.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Hoyt,
Is there a update to the shopping list or do you still need everything from the first post?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Hoyt,

I have stuff at home but need to know whats still needed.
Let me know so when I get home I can go to "the box" and see if I can help.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
First off I want to apologize to you guys, I asked of you and you guys have been answering and I haven't been responding. I will try and keep closer tabs on this thread in the future.

There is one member that has sent me a good amount of things CJD. I will have to go through what I have recieved and what is still supposed to be coming (poke, poke at you know who :smiley_bril:) to let you know what else he could use.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Hay Hoyt,

I am home for just a couple days RIGHT NOW.
I can look in the "box-o-parts" and see but I need to know in the next day or 2.

(just covering the bases):smiley_bril:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Hoyt,
I got into "the box" .
I do have a Whisker Biscuit QS, Deluxe, right hand for carbons,
It has a hole diameter of 0.32 inches but says it will work for small aluminum arrows 19xx-20xx

You are welcome to it if you need it.

Let me know and I'll mail it out tomorrow as I will be leaving town Wednesday am.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Mailed out the part today.

Happy I could help.

Jim

Post a pict. of the young man with the rig when you get him up and shooting!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I figured I should update all of you that donated parts for this young fella.

It turns out he is more mouth than anything else. Either that or he just doesn't have the time to dedicate to this. I have since had a young lady from church fill his spot. She has had me send in her bow to Parker to get heavier limbs installed so that it will be a legal hunting weight. I wanted to throw this out there so that you all know that your parts are not going to go to waste and just collect dust in my basement. I am working on getting her down to a local shop so that the pro can get her tuned in so she can practice for next season.

If there is anyone that would like to have their parts shipped back I fully understand and will ship them back without hesitation with said request.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
how bout arrows, I got most of a dozen easton st excells that dont get used, probably need cut down but you can throw those into the kitty if they are needed.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Wayne and Dante that would be great. I know she will need arrows and the s-coil will be a great help also. It is awesome to see people step up to the plate and give.