Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Neighbors house burning.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My neighbors house is burning up right now. Hope everything is well. Looks to be a chimney fire that has gotten out of control. Going to add them to the prayer list.

Beentown

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Thats awful!

Hope everyone got out safe and that the firefighters can get it under control before too much more damage is done.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It is under control now. Looks like it could have been alot worse. Smoke was rolling but I didn't see any flames licking except for right by the fire place. There is still going to be plenty of smoke damage no matter... Everyone is accounted for and OK.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Went by and checked this morning and it is all smoke damage. You can't even tell there was a fire from the outside except the completely black chimney. Inside is a different story. They are staying in the house and repairs are going on now.

Beentown

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
There's never a good time of year to have a house fire, but it's especially sad this time of year. Glad to hear everyone is ok though.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
While my wife was living at home during college, the sump pump caught on fire and spread, damage in the basement but the smoke was thru the whole house, they had to stay somewhere else for a while. She's now extremely paranoid about fire - I can't leave the house with a dishwasher, washer, dryer, anything else going.