Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Black Widow Bow

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That’s prolly the prettiest dang stick I’ve ever seen! WOW!!! That wood is insane and love the cool doodads on that thing. That pedicle button with the spiderweb is coowell!

Reactions: Mike and Boarhead

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Spent this morning getting it tuned with a bareshaft and cutting arrows.
This bow zips em in really quick..20 yard shots are right on the mark if I do my part.. if not it's not the bows fault. Lol
I shot a few out to 40 just before dark and was impressed with the bows performance.
Next up will be shooting some broadheads out of it.
20211009_132124.jpg
20211010_185953.jpg
20211010_191116.jpg

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Did a bunch of shooting out of the backyard treestand last several days..usually just pick out leaves at random distances and throw a few tennis balls out in the yard. Good practice and get real close to them and fun to watch em bounce when ya hit em. New bow is shooting well.
These 2 shots were close at 24 yards.
Weighed out my setup and gonna shoot some more bareshaft tomorrow I may cut just a little bit more off seem to be just a hair weak or might just adjust the brace height first and see if that does it.
20211014_140529.jpg
20211014_134610.jpg
20211014_101015.jpg

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Beautiful bow! I need to get back into traditional. Not to hunt with(will be low poundage) but because I liked it so much. My switchback XT didn't even have a sight on it.

Reactions: Boarhead

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Shot the bow some more today and bareshafts were hitting just a bit weak as I thought the other day so ended up cutting a 1/4 inch off and that did the trick. It is shooting really well now gotta get through 4 more days of work and vacation time starts. Will be in the stand for the next 25 days hoping to get a shot at a good one. Also may try and shoot a big doe if I get a good shot.
20211018_133641.jpg

Last edited: