Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New bow day

Creamer

Athens
Welcome home, darling.

I've always wanted to own a Black Widow. Their catalogs have been laying around the house for years. Late last summer, I decided to make the purchase and scratch the itch. I was told it would be about a 7-8 month wait when they called about my order to confirm everything. Of course, 7.5 months fell on the calendar last week...when we were on a family vacation in Georgia. Just to be safe, I emailed Widow and was told it was a good thing I emailed them. My bow was in the spray booth and would have shipped last week. So, we agreed they would send it out this past Monday. She arrived yesterday.

62" PSA, "Greenleaf"
46lbs@28"

The first arrow out of it, in a 25mph crosswind last night, was down the middle somehow. Like it was meant to be.

Today, in calmer conditions, I was actually able to tune a bare shaft to shoot well from the bow. Tuning fell into place pretty quickly and the bow is shooting darts.

Shooting with a Bear Weather Rest (kind of taboo for a Widow, I know), I settled on a 31 3/4" Gold Tip 340, stock insert, point collar, 200 grain head. White arrow wrap and 3 4" "batwing" feathers. I don't have a scale, but doing the math it works out to a 534 grain TAW. So far, we're getting along very well. It's extremely quiet, even with just the standard Widow spider silencers.