Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NEW DEER HUNTER WANTED

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
@giles - This is happening as I post not even 75 yards away from the firepit, or me :giggle:

1000018231.gif
1000018258.jpg

1000018233.jpg
1000018232.jpg
1000018234.jpg

1000018235.jpg

1000018236.jpg

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I'd like to get him there sooner, but it aint looking like we have an opening until then. Basketball sucks🤣

Sounds good, thanks! I hope he has a fantastic time with his teammates playing ball!

If there's an opportunity before then, a good tip would be, try to pay attention to any quick rain bursts in the area cause he has strong habit of showing up right after any of those, any time of the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: giles

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
@Wildlife to continue this from the other thread since it somewhat answers my question. Why even hunt these deer if you're saving one for Levi? It's your rodeo, but conventional wisdom says less (or no) pressure is better in regards to executing this plan. But what do I know about putting kids on deer 🤷

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
@Wildlife to continue this from the other thread since it somewhat answers my question. Why even hunt these deer if you're saving one for Levi? It's your rodeo, but conventional wisdom says less (or no) pressure is better in regards to executing this plan. But what do I know about putting kids on deer 🤷

I gonna kill THUNDER, that's why I'm hunting. I hope that okay with you?

• Love
Reactions: giles
I have to admit I was thinking the same things as Jesse on this, the added pressure and the hopes of getting a new hunter on a dandy buck. My personal experiences when it comes to bucks on feed sites is mornings are an absolute No-No, you always educate deer to a hunter being in the woods because it isn't the time you normally would be there. Early season is usually even worse as (good) deer are often still nocturnal and the likelihood of bumping them in the dark is almost a guarantee. Even with cameras to check to make sure 'the coast is clear' those deer are often not far away bedded early. With you hunting THUNDER I would go after him as well but seeing pics with him only there in the middle of the night gives me pause to think he's already been buggered. Unless I missed recent daylight pics of him??

Now given the idea that Levi might not hunt until well into November you have time to let the spot cool down before his arrival so-to-speak if that is your plan. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. That's why it's hunting!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I have to admit I was thinking the same things as Jesse on this, the added pressure and the hopes of getting a new hunter on a dandy buck. My personal experiences when it comes to bucks on feed sites is mornings are an absolute No-No, you always educate deer to a hunter being in the woods because it isn't the time you normally would be there. Early season is usually even worse as (good) deer are often still nocturnal and the likelihood of bumping them in the dark is almost a guarantee. Even with cameras to check to make sure 'the coast is clear' those deer are often not far away bedded early. With you hunting THUNDER I would go after him as well but seeing pics with him only there in the middle of the night gives me pause to think he's already been buggered. Unless I missed recent daylight pics of him??

Now given the idea that Levi might not hunt until well into November you have time to let the spot cool down before his arrival so-to-speak if that is your plan. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. That's why it's hunting!

Did not even bother reading, but my response to you is the same.. You guys enjoy your hunting and I'll enjoy mine, thanks! Following along if you like, which I hope that you do.

Did not even bother reading, but my response to you is the same.. You guys enjoy your hunting and I'll enjoy mine, thanks! Following along if you like, which I hope that you do.
Wow Denny, maybe you should read my post. I wasn't trying to be harsh in any way. Very disappointed in your reaction as I was sharing my own experiences that might help you out. Guess you already know it all. Granted the only thing I should have added was good luck this year as I have in the past. Good luck.