Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FYI New Location for Fall Gathering

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we will not be gathering at Strouds this year, but at our farm in central Washington County. You'll still be close to public ground for hunting, plus we can shoot trap, pistols, and rifles, so come equipped if you want to shoot. If we get rain, we'll be able to shelter in the barn. We have water and electric on site, and plenty of room for tents, trucks, and campers. Please PM me for directions, or text me at 740-541-5282.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I also have multiple 📌 that I can share on Jesse Ownes and at an 80-acre piece of public down the road. If anyone wants to fish, we can be to some good lakes/ponds in 30 minutes or less.

My dad wants to run the sawmill some, so that's some free entertainment and education 😂

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Anyone that wants a fully guided or even semi-guided doe hunt, I'm happy to provide the opportunity. We have a healthy population of slick heads, more than the girls and I can kill or eat, so getting a couple of you guys on doe patrol would be fun.
What's the squirrel population like?

Sleeping quarters or hammock or tent only?

Water source?

Reactions: Dustinb80

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What's the squirrel population like?

Sleeping quarters or hammock or tent only?

Water source?
There are plenty of squirrels, especially on that small piece of public and behind my house, which are 15 minutes down the road. Farm has a lot too, so if no one is deer hunting, you won't have to walk far to have fun.

Room for a hammock and a tent.

Potable water supply at camp. I have a porta-shitter on order.

We're 5 minutes from a Dollar General, a gas station, a hardware store, a gun shop, and a grocery store, so provisions on the fly are easy to come by.