Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Longbow

I've owned several recurves, over the years. So, I thought I'd try my hand at a longbow. This one is an OMP October Mountain Products, the Strata model, which is 62" long and 40# @ 28". :cool: I've got a Selway quiver ordered that should be here tomorrow, which will help with canting the bow and add some weight to the bow for a more steady shooting process.
I'm in the process of tuning arrows to the bow, at the moment....the usual field tip weights, brace height, etc. I'm currently shooting some Victory TradClassic carbon arrows, in the 650 spine and at full length. I'm still knocking the rust off of my anchor point, clean release, etc. :rolleyes:

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• OMP Strata 1.png
    OMP Strata 1.png
    334.7 KB · Views: 93
  • OMP Strata 3.jpg
    OMP Strata 3.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 96
The archery dealer where I purchased this longbow, was kind enough to work with me on trading up. I kept my original string and traded for a 5# higher, but same model, Strata. Now, I have a 45#, instead of a 40# longbow. (y) I switched to some Gold Tip 600 Carbon Traditional arrows with 100 gr. field tips. This allowed me to drop 45 grains of arrow weight. The trajectory, improved arrow flight and speed this combination has is a HUGE improvement. :cool:

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• OMP 1.jpg
    OMP 1.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 109
  • OMP 2.jpg
    OMP 2.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 111
  • OMP 3.jpg
    OMP 3.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 110

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Seems from the pics you may benefit by sliding the quiver closer to the riser. Your quiver appears to be setting in the middle of the working portion of the limb.

Reactions: Bowhunter57
Seems from the pics you may benefit by sliding the quiver closer to the riser. Your quiver appears to be setting in the middle of the working portion of the limb.
brock ratcliff,
I took a second look at the photos and I see what you mean and I did slide the quiver a good 8" closer to the riser. (y)
Now, if I can just get better at shooting this device. :ROFLMAO:

Bowhunter57