Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Glad to have you aboard bub. Tons of great folks around these parts. Jump right in. Tell us about this fish and game place.

I have post out to Jackalope too. The Logan Co. Fish and Game Assoc, inc. has 110 acres. Rifle range with backstops at 25, 50, 100, 200 and 300 yds. A pistol bunker with backstop ranging from 7 yds. to 25 yds. Two stocked ponds (strictly catch and release), a trap range and Sporting clay course. Prion arrangement on primitive camping. Unfortunately no “personal vehicles” unless it’s sporting clay day. Pictures on the website lcfishandgame.com.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hi to group. Just joined Ohiooutdoors. Would like to know a little about the camping outing planned. Am president of a local fish and game and might be able to help you out. Have questions. JB

Hi JB. Welcome to the forum. I'm the individual that sent you an email earlier today regarding the outing. Thanks for taking the time to look us up. I can give you a call in the morning to run some details by you and see what you think. I'll shoot you my contact information in a private message, if you would like to respond with your info and a good time for me to call that would be great.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No atvs = next

Dude. Let's not forget this is supposed to be a bow shoot. The odds of finding a group camp area, with rifle/pistol and a skeet range, and archery course that will also let you ride ATV's is pretty slim. While we could ride at Mingo that is not the norm by any means. Yes there are private riding clubs that allow camping however they do not have the rifle/pistol, skeet, and archery range onsite.

Reactions: Isaacorps

Fletch

Supporting Member
As long as there is a campfire with food, beer and friendly souls to sit around and shoot the shit all should be good...

Reactions: Isaacorps

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Dude. Let's not forget this is supposed to be a bow shoot. The odds of finding a group camp area, with rifle/pistol and a skeet range, and archery course that will also let you ride ATV's is pretty slim. While we could ride at Mingo that is not the norm by any means. Yes there are private riding clubs that allow camping however they do not have the rifle/pistol, skeet, and archery range onsite.
May be time to change the name?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That probably won't happen. People have too much stuff going on in the summer. This started as a bow shoot, right, and then evolved into shooting trap, and rifles at the range while at Mingo?

Bow shoot but every year except the first at Maos place we've had access to rifle, pistol, and trap that people took advantage of.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The answer could be laying right here. Anyone check on insurance for a "Bow shoot at Mingo" ?

It was any "group event" that was the issue, didn't matter under what pretext the gathering was happening.

Yes, to those who were not around the first 3-4 years of the summer event, we didn't even take ATVs. That was a "side effect" of going to Mingo. This event was starting as the first "excuse" for us to get together in person to hang and have fun. We shot bows, fished and enjoyed the campfires like we always do. Joe and I have spent a fair amount of time running down dead ends looking for the next Mingo and frankly, it doesn't exist or we've just not found it yet. What matters to me is that we honor the tradition of "3rd weekend in July" and we do it somewhere we can do MOST of the things we love to do. And any concessions we make in terms of activities, will be made up for in camaraderie and great food.

JB, welcome to the forum and thank you so much for reaching out to us, Your club grounds sound like an awesome place and we'd love to be your guests if things work out! If not, it's good to have you here on TOO!

Jesse