Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NEW Mobile Device Style.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
For those not using the TapaTalk app, but want to browse the site via their mobile phones.. I have installed mobile phone device detection and style assignment.. What this will do is detect if your using a mobile device and display the forum in a more friendly manner suited to mobile phones.. So all you guys without phones designed for internet use can now see a much friendlier version of the site..

Also.. We have purchased the domain name TheOhioOutdoors.mobi But both the .com and .mobi will display the forum in this mobile friendly manner.

Check it... Visit TheOhioOutdoors.mobi OR TheOhioOutdoors.com on your mobile phone and enjoy. :)

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Jack, thanks for the thought but after viewing TOO on a computer... Well tonight the site figured out I was looking at it from my droid and it went to the "mobile view"

I'm spoiled and I cant stand the mobile format...Is there any way for me to view the site from my phone in the old format???
or will I just have to deal with it and enjoy the "computer view" when I'm on one?

for example, I was watching the vidoes on "friday night jukebox" this evening and now none of them will play because of the moble format. HELP ME! OR ADVISE

just asken...
still love ya

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jack, thanks for the thought but after viewing TOO on a computer... Well tonight the site figured out I was looking at it from my droid and it went to the "mobile view"

I'm spoiled and I cant stand the mobile format...Is there any way for me to view the site from my phone in the old format???
or will I just have to deal with it and enjoy the "computer view" when I'm on one?

I figured that may come up. Let me check... What I want to do is only apple the style to the .mobi url and leave the .com as standard.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Thanks for looking into it. I was handling the old view on my phone just fine. Its so much faster than the service they have out here on the pad. For example, a 3.5 min. video from the pad server could take up to 30 min to down load...errrrr.on the phone-No delay... real time

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks for looking into it. I was handling the old view on my phone just fine. Its so much faster than the service they have out here on the pad. For example, a 3.5 min. video from the pad server could take up to 30 min to down load...errrrr.on the phone-No delay... real time

OK.. Here's what I've found... To direct users who use the .mobi link to one style and .com to another style is actually a violation of my vbulletin license agreement.. Since the forum is licensed to a URL.. If I want to add a URL I am supposed to buy another license... I think that's stupid considering i'm directing them to the same software,content and users.. But whatever it's their product.. ..

So what I have done is exclude the following from being detected as mobile devices.

droid Iphone ipad ipod

These devices should still see the PC version of the forum.. If there are other devices that handle the PC version fine please let me know what they are..

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Yes!
I use the phone about half the time out here.

Hey Big Bro, another thought to avoid the pad's internet and your phone is to get a Air Card from Verizon, it works pretty good as long as your cell has reception. I agree with you if I am on the pad's internet forget watching video's.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
OK.. Here's what I've found... To direct users who use the .mobi link to one style and .com to another style is actually a violation of my vbulletin license agreement.. Since the forum is licensed to a URL.. If I want to add a URL I am supposed to buy another license... I think that's stupid considering i'm directing them to the same software,content and users.. But whatever it's their product.. ..

So what I have done is exclude the following from being detected as mobile devices.

droid Iphone ipad ipod

These devices should still see the PC version of the forum.. If there are other devices that handle the PC version fine please let me know what they are..

Looks the same on my iphone.

:)...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I was wondering what you were up too...last night had the mobile version on my droid and this morning was back to the pc version. PC version is fine and has alwas been fine on my droid.