Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Sight and Quiver...

Huckleberry Finn

I'm in the market for a new sight for my (soon to be) Switchback.

Ideas? I'll take all suggestions....and all deals :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm a big fan of the Axcel Armortech sights. They're bomb-proof, and are able to be adjusted without any tools or allens. Only downside... they ain't cheap. There are plenty of other sights out there that will get the job done just fine, though. Spot Hogg also makes some great sights.

As far as quivers go, I just have an Elite quiver on my bow... which is actually made by Tree Limb. I really like this quiver. It's solid, quiet, and detaches from the bow quickly and easily. That being said, if I were to buy a different quiver, I would buy a Tight Spot quiver. Again they are pricey, but they are awesome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Extreme-RT900-fiberoptic-bow-sight-AP-Camo-19-/290582691980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a814008c

The link above is the best deal i found on a sight thats decent an 60% to 75%off..I bought there last black one 5 months ago transaction was smooth 26$ an some change with tax shipped..Local shop wants 85$ with tax...The AP will kinda match the Switchback.The same seller has some other deals on sights on ebay as well..I wasn't sure what price you were wanting..So i figured I would throw that out there..As far as quiver if you take yours off once you get to your blind or stand..An dont shoot with it on I dont think its matter much..More of a holder/transporter at that point..I use a Vortexx quiver only cause it was a gift an its durable an matches my gear..At the end of the day its just a place to put arrows to me

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No doubt... That's a hell of a good deal on that sight. Good point about the quiver, mossy. If you take it off once you get in the stand or blind, it really doesn't matter what kind it is.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
With sights, you are gonna get what you pay for. A basic 3 or 4 pin sight can be had for $60 that will last you. If you want microtune, you are gonna have to spend the dough, but it makes adjusting sights 100x easier. I too have an Axcel sight and am partial to them, but for the money, Apex sights are very nice also.

A good cheap quiver is the bohning lynx quiver @ $35. They have dual grippers for the arrows, which means your broached don't touch anything in the head. Kinda nice for mechanical heads. I have a G5 quiver and I really like it.

Tree limb makes the best quiver from my experance but there are two good lower priced options. Bohning and alpine do a good job. I'm in the market for a new sight as well for my new bow. I used to push sword sights pretty hard. However that company changed hands and i dont care for the level of quility of their products any more. Im looking at a spot hogg the axcel and a monatana black gold. One last word of advice if the differance in price between a sight is 20-40 dallors go ahead and spend the extra money if you like the more expensive sight more. It will save you money in the long run because you will buy the more expensive sight down the road. Even if you buy a new bow later you can transfer the sight. If you want the most accuracy out of a compound the rest and sight is not the place to save money.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I spent some money on mine as I do not plan on upgrading anytime soon. If I do, I will probably transfer to the new bow. I have a Tight Spot quiver and it is nice. I practice with it on, and I hunt with it on. Pretty darn nice, but pretty darn pricey!

I have a Sword sight (Twilight Hunter? I think) and I like it as well. I don't get on AT often but was lost when trying to decide. I had read reviews on the Sword sights and once I logged onto AT, the amount of reviews and guys talking them up is what ultimately made my decision. I am happy with it.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Love the adjustability of my Spott Hogg site. Although price is a little ubsurd. Sword sights are very nice. Fluteman is right, I would be looking at microtuning as huge detail in a new sight purchase.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sights for me came down to what I could see really good especially in low light. I went with the bigger pins so that narrowed it down a lot while I was at the bow shop.

The best thing I can tell you is...Go to a bow shop with a good variety and look at each one of them and see what works with your eyes the best but don't buy it until you do some homework. I went to the bow shop 3 times looking at stuff and didn't buy a single thing. I just went looked, done some homework, and narrowed down what I wanted. Walked into the bow shop a 4th time and said "This is what I want" and went from there.

With the quiver. I just use the hip quiver and then hang it on the ring of the chain on the stand when I get there or I will take a ratchet strap with me when using the climber and attach my safety harness and quiver to that. My first youth bow had a quiver attached to it and I never liked it that way. I took it off and have never had another one attached. Just my personal preference.

Good luck buddy. I hope you find something that works for you. It is almost overwhelming what's on the shelves lol.

Huckleberry Finn

Put a 5 pin (horizontal) trophy ridge on it. Shoots fine, I'll post some pictures when I get the chance.

Damn it Greg! I was at a gun shop this weekend with a handful of archery stuff. They had a 4 arrow Bohning Lynx with the attacher for $20...lots of dust on the package but I should have trusted my gut and bought it. Have to go back I guess

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Put a 5 pin (horizontal) trophy ridge on it. Shoots fine, I'll post some pictures when I get the chance.

Damn it Greg! I was at a gun shop this weekend with a handful of archery stuff. They had a 4 arrow Bohning Lynx with the attacher for $20...lots of dust on the package but I should have trusted my gut and bought it. Have to go back I guess

Why "Damn Greg" me? It's your fault you didn't buy it, not me. LOL You better pick that thing up soon!