Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Spy-Point Product

Creamer

Athens
I picked one up recently. Couldn't resist. It's functioning well so far with one of my Wildgame cameras.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Nice @jagermeister Been eyeballing them -

- can you post a pic of the native quality you get from you Game Cam and what's sent to you via SpyPoint Cell-Link?

- Do you get the native qualty of the GameCam saved on the card? or a SpyPont native qualty? Spypoint reduces the quality when sending via Cell, but saves a higher quality on the card. Wondering if they save the actual native game card quality or reduce on the card. I use browning and thier native quality (not enhanced) is about 4mb/shot.

Thanks much if you could reply?

Creamer

Athens
I assume you meant me, so here's one from this Wildgame camera without Cell Link:

And one from the camera with Cell Link last night:

I believe the original is saved on the Cell Link on the Micro SD card installed in it. I won't be able to confirm that until I retrieve it.

Reactions: giles

Stressless

Keene, OH
Pulled the trigger on one to use with my browing dark ops the one thing I really don't like with Spypoint Link Micro is the bright Red Light for night pics. Not at all covert.

Creamer

Athens
I'm going to use this first week to judge what I need in terms of a transmission plan. The first week after activation is free-unlimited. I'm going to be mostly using this on public ground in places where I don't expect an insane picture count. I don't think I'll get by on the free under 100 pics total, but I don't think I'll need a ton of coverage.

Creamer

Athens
I like this concept. I've read where this doesn't work with all cams though. I don't know anything else about that. What are your thoughts ?

The one obvious thing that would keep it from working with a particular camera would be memory card type. It only will work with an SD card slot. Some of my older cameras used compact flash, and I have one odd-ball camera that uses Micro SD. Neither of those card types could work with this system.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Where I can see this really shine is with reception quality. The one issue I've always had is the tree ur cam is attached to, blocks the signal when the cam is on the opposite side. As long as ur not worried about the cell link itself being seen or have it covered up, then this looks like a winner.

Reactions: Creamer

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang it Creamer! Why did you have to show me this? You have my gears grinding. Might be spending some of my Cabela's gift cards now.

Reactions: Creamer

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
@Creamer is there a chance you can take pics of how they connect to your camera? Is there a wire from camera to Spypoint link? Sounds like they offer an SD card with a wire attached? Plug this into your camera and feed the wire out to the Link? Am I picturing this correct in my head? That is how I envisioned it based on what I was reading.

Last edited:

Creamer

Athens
@Creamer is there a chance you can take pics of how they connect to your camera? Is there a wire from camera to Spypoint link? Sounds like they offer an SD card with a wire attached? Plug this into your camera and feed the wire out to the Link? Am I picturing this correct in my head? That is how I envisioned it based on what I was reading.

My setup is in the woods right now, but yes, it's like an SD card with a flat black cable attached. The camera door shuts over it. That cable plugs into the bottom of the cell link.

Reactions: hickslawns

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, I have one. I was wrong about placing it on the opposite side of the tree for better reception if needed. The cord isn't long enough & a coon or tree rat could easily destroy it. The pics you get are somewhat dark, due to the transmission size I suppose. My X6000 sends better pics. Still, this would be a more viable option $$ wise to get cell coverage into your woods. I dunno why, but I cannot save these pics from my phone to share. I have to get on my laptop to see a better pic & to share. FYI, I already knew this, but.... the tethered sd card does click in place, when inserting in ur cam, but can still be pulled out if you're not careful.

PICT0001_202007291946Sn74B.jpg