Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NHL season 2021

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
615E5AD0-6424-456B-906E-5C5F60741679.jpeg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Hey Sid has several cups... Can't put his nuts in all of them at one time... Nice choice to have when you have more than one cup... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Spencie

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Girioux isn’t even close to the top 100. He has flashes of brilliance but no consistency. I remember when Flyers fans said he has surpassed Crosby. Then Sid went off for 2 cups and 2 Conn Smythes while Claude was lost in obscurity.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
When I was playing in a adult hockey league, one of my team mates was a diehard Rangers fan and another one a Devils fan. Lots of fun breaking balls when one of them was playing the Flyers. League night was fridays and we played open hockey Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings...everyone would wear their favorite NHL team jersey on the open hockey sessions, so you knew what guys to go after!😂

Reactions: Spencie and Fletch

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Girioux isn’t even close to the top 100. He has flashes of brilliance but no consistency. I remember when Flyers fans said he has surpassed Crosby. Then Sid went off for 2 cups and 2 Conn Smythes while Claude was lost in obscurity.
Flyers have had some good talent but not a great franchise player...even Lindros was a disappointment. Some of the good talent went to the LA Kings, and they won a cup shortly afterwards. More recently, some guys went to Columbus. The Blue Jackets didn’t get the same result but were a good team for a couple of seasons...I know they had Philly’s number for a while.😂

Reactions: Spencie and Fletch

Johnny44

Still don't understand hockey, but man I love it. Dad got me started in '94 when the Rangers won the cup. He took me to Chill games (Fairgrounds) and Ohio State games when they played in the small rink next to St. John's. We also went to Pitt several times to see the Rangers. Great, great memories. Only reason I watch is because of him. He grew up a Rangers fan having grown up just across the river in Elizabeth, NJ.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Still don't understand hockey, but man I love it. Dad got me started in '94 when the Rangers won the cup. He took me to Chill games (Fairgrounds) and Ohio State games when they played in the small rink next to St. John's. We also went to Pitt several times to see the Rangers. Great, great memories. Only reason I watch is because of him. He grew up a Rangers fan having grown up just across the river in Elizabeth, NJ.
Living in Jersey you must have gone to Devil's games.... Company I worked for had Devil's season tickets first row behind the glass right in front on goal.... Always got the tickets when the Penguins came to town.... Good times....

Johnny44

Living in Jersey you must have gone to Devil's games.... Company I worked for had Devil's season tickets first row behind the glass right in front on goal.... Always got the tickets when the Penguins came to town.... Good times....
I must've misspoke. He grew up in Jersey. I grew up in Columbus. To edit also, I can't believe I left out our trip to Madison Square Garden. We toured it when I was younger.... Leech, Graves, Richter, Messier, got to see their lockers. Then a few years ago I flew up from Georgia and met him for an Exhibition Game. I wonder why, and maybe there is, not a drive for people to visit NHL arenas like they do baseball stadiums. Been to Pitt, Columbus, and MSG. I'll take MSG all day every day! But of course there's some bias there!!!!

Reactions: Spencie