Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Night vision and thermal imaging

Hickslawns,
I think you missed my point of showing you the video. They show a definite difference in success from day and night hunting. Granted their budget is off the chart and I have NO dreams of owning half of that stuff. Plus, these guys are in Utah. Let's face it, the coyotes that are west of the Mississippi are not as hard to hunt as they are here in Ohio. The coyotes in the east have a lot more exposure to humans and therefore learn how/what/when to avoid us.

A simple night vision scope for my rifle with an IR light, would get the job done. I'm still checking out the prices on basic scanners, in both NV and Thermal, for less than $800. It's out there, but getting the connections with the right people is what I'm working on, here in Ohio and other states.

Bowhunter57

Reactions: hickslawns

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I feel the same about your vintage motorcycles. Just not my thing when they make much nicer, reliable, more comfortable, way faster bikes today. That’s your thing, maybe this is 57’s thing. You only live once...live it up!

Right on. Thus my point. Some guys drop $700 golfing, drinking, playing lotto, etc. Whatever floats your boat. Some guys are real goofy and like vintage British bikes. I suggest you watch out for those guys. They're extra goofy. Lol

Reactions: giles

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Honestly, if I could afford to spend the money, I'd have me a thermal scope mounted on my rifle.

In stead, I'm always trying to win one on-line every chance I can.

Unfortunately, I'm not that lucky apparently :LOL:

They are real nice and I want one!!!

All this talk made me brake out my coyote gear.
View attachment 70176
The shit I can afford to some extent.

I think I'm going to put it all to good use over the next few days.

The fields have been fairly active in the we hours lately and I'm getting the itch real bad!
View attachment 70183View attachment 70184

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX-1JMYXAH9PUXvclqLpkp0bjYK2_Qn1v

Anyone is welcome to join me if you'd like being up real late and put your rifle to good use.

I'll be hitting the fields over the next few nights so I went ahead and sent 10 - 130 grain Federal American Eagles down range to get reacquainted with their performance once again about an hour ago, shooting at a 6" target.

I received a new 'Big Gong Show' all caliber self healing target for Christmas from the family and it appears to work rather well.
20181225_112843.jpg

The American Eagles are no Sierra 'MatchKings' by any means, but they'll work just fine.
20181225_121322.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS 'TOOVILLE'!

Last edited: