Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No more Bargain Cave

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've never found anything good in a Cabela's bargain cave. Hell, recently I bought a Garmin handheld GPS unit and it was $100 cheaper out on the main floor than the one they had in the bargain cave!

I don't buy from Cabelas all that often these days... Mainly just look for deals and use my Visa points as they build up.

OO2

In the Uplands
I've never found anything good in a Cabela's bargain cave. Hell, recently I bought a Garmin handheld GPS unit and it was $100 cheaper out on the main floor than the one they had in the bargain cave!

I don't buy from Cabelas all that often these days... Mainly just look for deals and use my Visa points as they build up.

Might be better discussed in a better thread/ pm but what model did you get? I have thought about getting one for when I go out on public by myself. Not much service where I’m at and wouldn’t want to be in a situation where I couldn’t get help if need be if something happened

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Isaacorps

Columbus
Might be better discussed in a better thread/ pm but what model did you get? I have thought about getting one for when I go out on public by myself. Not much service where I’m at and wouldn’t want to be in a situation where I couldn’t get help if need be if something happened
I have the eTrex 200 and it works Great for what I need (same as you, remote areas with no cell service). You can download detailed state topo maps on it and it has expandable memory via micro SD card. The display isn’t going to win any awards but it’s dead nuts accurate and has never lost signal. I got mine on amazon of course lol. If you get one don’t pay for the garmin maps, there are plenty of free ones you can download. PM me if you have more questions

Reactions: Sgt Fury and OO2

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Garmin GPSMap 64ST. It's a pretty nice unit.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and OO2

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
My stepson works behind the gun counter at Columbus cabelas. He said they are still doing the discounted stuff, but instead of being in the bargain cave they will be in each individual department.

Reactions: 5Cent