Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No Till Food Plots - So Easy

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_3662.jpeg
IMG_3656.jpeg
IMG_3663.jpeg
My favorite part of our Fall Carbon Load - is how it performs in the Spring.

From a costing perspective it would be easy to leave things out like fixation balansa, chicory, frosty berseem clover, crimson clover and our diverse mix of cold hearty grains.

However, when we started Vitalize Seed we said we wouldn’t sell anything that we wouldn’t plant on our own farms! We stand by this message.

This Spring green up will feed soil, deer, turkeys and early pollinators - when most else is still dormant in the whitetail woods.

We will then plant our Spring NitroBoost right into this around May or June - that preps the soils for our Carbon Load,once again! Cycling nutrients and reducing our needs for massive amounts of costly inputs along the way.

We know there are a lot of great choices out there and we appreciate you all who follow and trust in Vitalize Seed.

Have a safe and blessed weekend!

Reactions: Big_Holla

at1010

*Supporting Member*
The good news here is that the deer are still finding plenty of food in the carbon load food-plot. This is definitely the benefit of diversity.

The other news is that we might need to further increase our doe management efforts next year.

That’s the beauty of management. It’s fluid and forever evolving.

Hunting observations
Trial camera observations
Browse surveys
Exclusion fences

These are a few of the items we use to help us to understand what is going on across our farms, and how our harvest quotas can change from year to year. We want to maximize forage and tonnage - not only for our deer but also for our soil health!

IMG_5452.jpeg

Reactions: Bankfish

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Big buck story part one from my good friend @warnerd2 ! Guy plants vitalize seed now and is a big buck killer!! When he talks, we listen!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Another round of jerky put in the freezer. Really impressed with this seasoning. Thanks to several buddies who recommended.

IMG_5467.jpeg
IMG_5466.jpeg

Reactions: Big_Holla

at1010

*Supporting Member*
My good buddy - Danny - on part two of this Ohio stud. Danny is a great friend and fantastic deer hunter. His observations and strategies that go into continuing to kill mature deer is inspiring!! Check it out!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Step by step - how I plan to fix poor soils and over browse! As always - I hope this helps! Stay safe and well!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_3170.jpeg
IMG_5562.jpeg
IMG_5558.png
Love getting pics from customers and from our cell cameras showing deer, even in the harshest of weather, still finding plenty to eat in the Fall planted Carbon Load!

The diversity continues to deliver!

It is a great time of year to plan for next Springs plan - we are so excited for NitroBoost planting this Spring.

For now -

Soil test
Browse surveys
Tsi
Invasive control
Etc.

Be safe, stay warm and check us out at Vitalize Seed!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Something I am passionate about that I don’t believe gets talked about enough - when it comes to soil health and deer plots, Browse removal.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Not only are the brassica plentiful - wait till Spring the clovers and grains will completely fill this field up with food for deer, soil and pollinators!

Last edited: