Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No Till Food Plots - So Easy

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I see a lot of posts this time of year - asking is a deer is healthy or not.

Sometimes, a deer may look very skinny and possibly could be feeding twin fawns - or they are just living in degraded habitat.

One observation I’ve noticed on the farm is that we don’t ever have this issue. Our deer look equally healthy in summer as they do later in Winter.

Even a doe nursing twin fawns - the observational body weight appears fantastic year round.

I believe this is due to our continued emphasis on managing our farms deer densities relative to food availability.

We are constantly working on timber. Adding acres in the 1-2 system and planting the Vitalize Clover/Oats/Chicory - on our logging roads. We then harvest does as we see fit - so the ones we do keep, have more food than they can eat!

Resulting in healthier deer, soils, and bucks.
IMG_7741.png

at1010

*Supporting Member*
We are a month from planting our Carbon Load and the Nitroboost is doing work for us both in soils and feeding a pile of deer!!

Not only is it adding the above ground biomass we see here but just imagine the below ground root system on these plants.

By Carbon Load time - the amount of above and below ground biomass will be fantastic!!

I will plant CL right into this and spray/crimp/or mow off depending on the fields total species makeup. The NB will cover the soil (smothering weeds). As the roots and thatch breakdown they’ll be feeding the Carbon Load- and is goes the 1-2 cycle!!

Cannot wait to see this height in 30 days!!

#foodplot #foodplots #soils #biomass #deer #bucks #doemanagement #deermanagement
IMG_7780.jpeg

Reactions: 5Cent