Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Non-huntable bcks

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Anyone else taunted routinely by non-huntable bucks? I see some rediculous suburban bucks that can't be touched. Last night almost hit a beautiful tall and wide 10.

In one sense it is awesome just to see some of the bucks I do, but it is such a tease. I sometimes fear I will continue to pass in areas I hunt do to what I have seen in these non-huntable areas so I have to remind myself of what I capture on camera vs. what I see around town.

Just wonder how many of you guys have these same suburban encounters.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I know where there is a 180-190 class buck right now. I even have permission to hunt there from the landowner. Problem is he's within the city limits. I got permission to hunt the property. Then called the city to see if hunting was allowed.. NOPE. 2nd degree misdemeanor.. Punishable by a 900 dollar fine and or 90 days in jail. If I hunted him, i wouldn't be breaking a single game law. But a city ordinance violation. I even confirmed this with the county ODNR warden.. And if the neighbor on the back property wasn't such a dick and watch hawk i might think about it.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I know where there is a 180-190 class buck right now. I even have permission to hunt there from the landowner. Problem is he's within the city limits. I got permission to hunt the property. Then called the city to see if hunting was allowed.. NOPE. 2nd degree misdemeanor.. Punishable by a 900 dollar fine and or 90 days in jail. If I hunted him, i wouldn't be breaking a single game law. But a city ordinance violation. I even confirmed this with the county ODNR warden.. And if the neighbor on the back property wasn't such a dick and watch hawk i might think about it.

Fuck the city. I'd hammer him!!! Except for the nosey neighbor thing!!!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA

Hmmm..... A descent lawyer will get the $900 fine and jail time reduced to probation or community service. Just say'n.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The one property I hunt is bordered to the west and the east by city owned property and the deer just simply pass through the property I hunt on their way to these 2 city properties. The other bad thing is they stay on those city properties most of the time until after dark.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hmmm..... A descent lawyer will get the $900 fine and jail time reduced to probation or community service. Just say'n.

Ohhh. I know... Shooting my bow in the city is fine. Hunting is against the law.... All I would need to do is set up a blind with my target out there and say i was target practicing. Couldn't shit be done until i actually shot the deer. I'm not worried about the ramifications. In reality that's cheap to shoot a buck that size. Dudes pay 10-15 thousand for one in a pen. Or 3-4 thousand for fair chase. The problem is if you get caught the city will keep the deer. Then it's all for nothing while i pick up trash on Main St. LOL.. And this neighbor is so damn nosey you can't even go to the back fence line without him showin up 10 min later peeking through the woods. I don't know how he knows, but he does. One of them old fugers with nothing better to do than start crap about nitpickey things. If i did shoot him he would undoubtedly go back to the woods and the neighbors property. Unless i spine shoot him.. Bahhh. Whatever. Not worth it. Like I said if that neighbor wasn't a nosy nanny i would smoke that buck.. Fugg the city ordinance.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Be pro-active jack, run for mayor or city council. Once you get elected use your charm to get the other council members to change the anti-hunting ordinance. ;)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Be pro-active jack, run for mayor or city council. Once you get elected use your charm to get the other council members to change the anti-hunting ordinance. ;)

Don't think I haven't thought about it on many occasions. My campaign signs would say...

Tired of the BS?
Vote
WILSON
Mayor.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I wonder if the NRA would endorse you?

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Ohhh. I know... Shooting my bow in the city is fine. Hunting is against the law.... All I would need to do is set up a blind with my target out there and say i was target practicing. Couldn't shit be done until i actually shot the deer. I'm not worried about the ramifications. In reality that's cheap to shoot a buck that size. Dudes pay 10-15 thousand for one in a pen. Or 3-4 thousand for fair chase. The problem is if you get caught the city will keep the deer. Then it's all for nothing while i pick up trash on Main St. LOL.. And this neighbor is so damn nosey you can't even go to the back fence line without him showin up 10 min later peeking through the woods. I don't know how he knows, but he does. One of them old fugers with nothing better to do than start crap about nitpickey things. If i did shoot him he would undoubtedly go back to the woods and the neighbors property. Unless i spine shoot him.. Bahhh. Whatever. Not worth it. Like I said if that neighbor wasn't a nosy nanny i would smoke that buck.. Fugg the city ordinance.

Dude the old fart is probably keeping an eye on the woods because HE wants to shoot it!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dude the old fart is probably keeping an eye on the woods because HE wants to shoot it!

He has a license to keep deer. The property owner told me they got out once and the neighbor was out chasing them. I bet you my last dollar he is getting that sucker to breed them somehow. ;)

blemas

Summit County
I feel your pain, I obtained permission to hunt a golf course that is nestled in between 2 tracts of the cuyahoga vally national park (friend of the family,free golf) but after a lengthy discussion with a local cop and the law director, it is off limits due local ordinance. It was like finding gold but not being allowed to mine it. Only way in may be a nuisance permit but the owner just passed away not to long ago and they have enough on their plate.