Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Norway Fusion vanes 2.1

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Just fletched up some target shafts for tomorrow's shoot and these little guys are really nice. the base of them are clear and very pliable. They give you much better vane base adhesion than blazers. I will test them tomorrow on the course and report back. I will fletch some up and test with broadheads in a week or so on my hunting rig. So far i really love the way the base adheres to the shaft. i will be testing them out along with my blazers to see how they stack up :smiley_coolpeace:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Milo, a buddy of mine has been shooting them all summer - he loves 'em. He shoots mechanical heads, and they work well with them. I'll be curious to see how your's do with fixed blades.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Milo, a buddy of mine has been shooting them all summer - he loves 'em. He shoots mechanical heads, and they work well with them. I'll be curious to see how your's do with fixed blades.

Hey brock.. Look up top. :smiley_bignews: :cool:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Had a chance to check them out two weeks ago. They seem to be a good bit stiffer than the blazers. I also liked the thin adhesion strip. Seem like a pretty good vane. How do you think they woruld do bowhunting though? Seemed to have a pretty low profile...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My dad's new set of arrows were fletched with the Fusion vanes. When I was back home to visit a couple weeks ago we did some shooting in the back yard, and he shot pretty darn well. I couldn't really tell if there were any different in flight between his fusions and my blazers, but that's just about impossible to do without shooting them from the same bow. I'm curious to hear what your results were, Milo. I like that clear base on them... seems like it would make fletching them easier, being able to confirm that you have good contact with the shaft. What would really interest me is how much noise do they make compared to Blazers? To me it seems like Blazers are a bit on the noisy side.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
a little update, they shot real well on the 3d course..expected that though as its not real hard to guide a field point...will try Bheads in a week or so. they did not seem real noisy as previously mentioned. the clear base, in short, kicks ass. you can see they contact. they are already worth the money for that alone.
Ohio mossy oak, no idea....i am fitting to maximize helical out of them so its not a science but fit and feel. I am using my left helical clamp and putting as much on them as physically possible. the 41 yard iron buck ate one of muh shafts that summbeech...didn;t do too bad for only havin a 32 yard pin:smiley_champ:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That splintered mess was the prettiest arrow I saw all day....

I didn't even shoot at it so I don't have much room to talk crap... I should have though.. I had just as much chance at hitting the metal as i did missing it completely. :smiley_crocodile: Least i didn't double Zero. *cough* Snoop *cough* :smiley_arrogant:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't think I collected my 22 pts for that...wtf...maybe I did. I'd have to add my score to know...You shoulda shot it Jack, maybe Milo's wouldn't have been the prettiest shot of the day! :)