Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Oh my goodness

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
"And now.........for the rest of the story"

Tyler went with his good buddy to hunt a property in Morgan County that he has cashed in on before. They have gotten some pics of an upper 150s 10 point and a giant freak nontypical that we figured in the 160s. Ethan sent him a cell pic from overnight of the nontypical on the property, which he immediately forwarded to me. They were hauling corn and a blind in the truck for Ethan to use during gun season but had not put out any corn this season.
Tyler texted me after getting in the stand and said he didn't figure he was in the game for the nontypical but liked his chances for the 10. At 7;56 he texted me and said he saw "him". After a couple texts back and forth I didn't get a response. Now my wheels are turning thinking maybe it came back. At 8:08 my phone rings. I knew immediately where this was going. He had just shot the nontypical and watched him go down. He had grunted at him when he went by following a doe at 65 yards. He was interested but wouldn't commit. So Tyler snort wheezed at him. More interest but disappeared. Then he popped back out looking after he used the can. It's open woods so Tyler wasn't going to call again while he was looking. But he turned to walk away and he snort wheezed again. That's all the buck could take. He started his way. He stopped at 36 yards. Tyler was at full draw and shot it for 30 yards not realizing the true distance. At the shot the buck dropped down and whirled. The arrow took him in front of the shoulder and went into the heart. 90 yard death run and went down.
Man I love those phone calls. He was truly jacked up. Ethan videoed walking up on it....good stuff!

BTW: The taping of this buck was intense! Family bragging rights were on the line. I still have him by 3 5/8".

The stats on it are:
13 points
182#
174 6/8" Gross
18 5/8" Spread

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
He also has a severe overbite. They think they have pics of him 2 years ago as an assuming 8 point.
D8BE7785-FAB9-4013-BEA0-7BFD1A2FD5B3.jpeg