Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio 2020

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Ive been in hunting around Johnstown and Mt Veron since the 6th. The first two days were epic, but its been pretty slow since.

The first day I could have killed six small bucks. The second day I rattled in a nice 10 point that was right at the minimum size I would take. I was gonna let him go but at the last minute decide Id take him. That plan was foiled when I hit an unseen limb, deflecting the arrow, and shaving a large tuff of hair off his back. Its ok because I still had seven days.

Then it happened.... lock down and the action slowed to a crawl. I have seen a fair amount of small bucks and yearling doe, but the big boys are holed up.

I have two more days left. I passed a buck this morning that cant be more than 2.5 years and is sporting a nice rack. If he makes it he will be really nice next year.

This has been a great trip so far. I havent hunted a real rut since 2014. I need to start making this a regilar trip.

Jamie

Ohio
lol, will pass one up tomorrow? :D

I saw tremendous buck movement between 10/27 and 11/5 on my place in eastern Licking county.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Im headed back today. I saw 7 doe last night but no bucks. Im planning to come out in Jan for ML season.

I hunted hard, had a great time, and had plenty of chances to shoot small bucks.

I was also hoping to get some predator hunting in too, but it didnt work out. Ill be back out for that too in Jan and Feb.

Man, what a year. My Sept Idaho elk hunt was epic and Ohio was just as good.