Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Turkey Harvests - 2014

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Team 7 bigslam youth bonus

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400458528370.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400458528370.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 244

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Couple questions.

1. Anyone still have a bird they have taken that has not been submitted in this thread yet?
2. Anyone still hunting in a state other than Ohio? If no, I can release the totals sooner.

I will give everyone till the end of day on Wednesday 5/21 to submit all their harvests/pictures for scoring. If no one has advised they are hunting out of state still I will publish the year end results on Thursday 5/22. That gives everyone a few more days to get any last minute posts added.

I will say this, as it stands right now, I am into the tiebreaker for the first time in TOO history (for teams that actually matter at the top of the rankings)......

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry but this is all I could do for the team(#9) that got stuck with me this season. Here's a pic I took of Karissa during the only and only morning hunt we were able to do this past month.

We only got to go out one other time but it was a 3 hour hunt after school. My season suffered a big blow when I got accepted for a day time bid at work in which starts at 6am till 2:30pm with weather sucking ass nearly all of my off days. Oh well, prolly wouldn't have gotten one anyway but I did pass on a nice jake at less than 15 yards that called in! Shows how stupid they are cuz I SUCK! Lol

Still wish I would have shot him but you know how that hind sight is......:smiley_bril:

Schu72

Streetsboro
Team 10
Schu72
Youth Bonus

Ethan and I hunted both days of youth season. The first day we were covered up in birds but they stayed out of range. All of the gobblers we saw, excepr one, were with hens. One of the pics show tow strutters with several hens. There were a few jakes off to the side as well. Day two was considerably slower. By mid morning we were on the move and found a strutter in the far back field. I was able to pull this bird several hundred yards, but when he came into range the topography created a bit of an issue and there was some miscommunication the didn't allow a shot to be taken. I was really bummed, but he took it well. Maybe next year....

Last edited: