Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Only takes one

dangerousoldman

super nice looking rack, what a pig! congrats. One thing I learned a couple years ago after killing a real nice buck early in the season was that it is a great time to continue to hunt some of the places I know of that I always wondered about but didnt want to waste a day during prime time to check out. Like the little brushy areas or small patches of cover that dont look like a typical place to hunt but in the back of my mind I thought might be an interesting potentially awesome place. Especially likeon opening day of gun season and you set up overlooking a thick briar patch or isolated patch of cover or drainage. I learned a lot that year and although I had to pass up a shot on a buck similar to the one I had already killed, the knowledge was invaluable to me for my future hunts.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
super nice looking rack, what a pig! congrats. One thing I learned a couple years ago after killing a real nice buck early in the season was that it is a great time to continue to hunt some of the places I know of that I always wondered about but didnt want to waste a day during prime time to check out. Like the little brushy areas or small patches of cover that dont look like a typical place to hunt but in the back of my mind I thought might be an interesting potentially awesome place. Especially likeon opening day of gun season and you set up overlooking a thick briar patch or isolated patch of cover or drainage. I learned a lot that year and although I had to pass up a shot on a buck similar to the one I had already killed, the knowledge was invaluable to me for my future hunts.

Very good point to keep in mind.

RUT NUT

There's just something about that dude! He's one cool looking buck! Congrats on a great one!

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions everyone. Really appreciate that. I have a ton of pictures from last year of a deer that looks very similar to this one, but I can not quite figure out if its the same one or not. I also have two low quality pictures from this year that may be the same deer as well. Honestly, I have not had the time to sit down and really study them yet, but I am going to try to post them on here this evening and see what you all think. If it is the same deer, he returned from what I thought was the dead. As far as measurements, have not taken any yet, but I plan to do so for the contest once I get the rack back. I really do not get caught up in score but it would be interesting to know. Thanks again fellas.