Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

OO2 24/25 Season

OO2

In the Uplands
Starting to get excited for the upcoming seasons and wanted to share the journey here.

Trimmed some lanes today at a gun stand in preparation for an attempt at food plot. Will be going back to plant winter wheat in a couple weeks. My guess is it’ll be a long shot, but hopefully it’ll grow
IMG_4353.jpeg

View from the stand
IMG_4352.jpeg

View back toward the stand

Bo’s 4th and Ellie’s 3rd season will kick off in 35 days, as I am writing this I suddenly feel unprepared. We have plans to go to MI, OH, KS, IA, NE, and LA.

Looking forward to sharing updates as they roll in. Good luck and safe hunting this year.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I’ll look forward to reading along Cole. There is nothing better than a man with a Brit, unless it’s a man with two!

Reactions: OO2 and "J"

OO2

In the Uplands
Had a great trip up to the north woods of Michigan! The woods were on fire will all of the colors of fall I had been missing since moving
IMG_4485.jpeg
IMG_4484.jpeg

Temps were nice and cool in the morning but warmed up quickly not allowing all day hunts. During the heat of the day we fished, this clear water had me wishing I had brought a ned rig and drop shot for smallies!
IMG_4495.jpeg
IMG_4499.jpeg

The final morning was nice and crisp so Bo got the nod as he runs better in cooler temps. The king of the woods had been running all weekend given the dry conditions but this morning he locked one down. The bird came up and I was able to capitalize on the glimpse it gave me through the aspen stand.
IMG_4508.jpeg

Bo wanted his bird back instead of posing for pics
IMG_4511.jpeg

Here are some more camp / dog pics
IMG_4494.jpeg
IMG_4491.jpeg

Thankful for the experience and good dogs, next stop pheasant and quail!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had a great trip up to the north woods of Michigan! The woods were on fire will all of the colors of fall I had been missing since moving View attachment 200535View attachment 200536
Temps were nice and cool in the morning but warmed up quickly not allowing all day hunts. During the heat of the day we fished, this clear water had me wishing I had brought a ned rig and drop shot for smallies!View attachment 200537View attachment 200538
The final morning was nice and crisp so Bo got the nod as he runs better in cooler temps. The king of the woods had been running all weekend given the dry conditions but this morning he locked one down. The bird came up and I was able to capitalize on the glimpse it gave me through the aspen stand.
View attachment 200540
Bo wanted his bird back instead of posing for pics
View attachment 200541
Here are some more camp / dog pics
View attachment 200542View attachment 200543
Thankful for the experience and good dogs, next stop pheasant and quail!
@bonemonger