Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ouch!!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I just saw this on the news when I was opening the thread. The Dad took her cell phone away, she sot him an would not let him use the phone to call 911. When the cops showed up they found her in the woods with 35 more arrows! Geeeeee's

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We had a case similar here back in the mid 90's right up the street in my neighborhood. A boy, 14 at the time, shot his mom 3 times in the head with a compound bow while she was napping. She woke after the first shot but she was stuck to the couch. He then put two more in her. He blamed her as being abusive.
He just got out of jail last year. Frickin justice system is messed up to say the least. He now lives up the street again.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
We had a case similar here back in the mid 90's right up the street in my neighborhood. A boy, 14 at the time, shot his mom 3 times in the head with a compound bow while she was napping. She woke after the first shot but she was stuck to the couch. He then put two more in her. He blamed her as being abusive.
He just got out of jail last year. Frickin justice system is messed up to say the least. He now lives up the street again.

Fugg!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

I remember that one.... That was one fugged up kid there.....

twireman

Kingston, OH

GAWD DAM!!!!!! I worked in a prison for a while....definitely some fugged up fuggers!!!!!

I used to hang with that kid when we were little. Go to prison for 15 years and now he's out. I've seen him a couple times since he's gotten out riding around with his dad. Fugged up. He was abused. I saw that first hand when we were kids. I guess he just snapped and couldn't take it anymore. On one side I can see not being able to take the abuse anymore. But on the otherhand you have to be pretty emotionally unstable to be able to unload a quiver on your mom. Hard to think about what was going thru his head at that time.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I used to hang with that kid when we were little. Go to prison for 15 years and now he's out. I've seen him a couple times since he's gotten out riding around with his dad. Fugged up. He was abused. I saw that first hand when we were kids. I guess he just snapped and couldn't take it anymore. On one side I can see not being able to take the abuse anymore. But on the otherhand you have to be pretty emotionally unstable to be able to unload a quiver on your mom. Hard to think about what was going thru his head at that time.

If I messed up any details on that ordeal feel free to correct me. I was away at college at the time.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We had the same thing happen down here in the Cincy area last fall. The shooter shot the guy sleeping the first time and the guy thought he was having a bad dream. After waking up in pain he saw this guy who he let live with him aiming another arrow at him and he then got shot in the hand. A third shot hit the guy as well with arrows 1 or 3 hitting him in the head and chest(not sure the order). WTF! The shooter was later captured in Georgia I think but again........WTF!