Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Out of State Hunt Suggestions

Never got into golf.... Never could get into hitting a little white ball 300 yds. go chase it, only to find it, hit it again, to repeat chasing it and looking for it...:ROFLMAO: And I come from Western Pa. near Latrobe where Arnold Palmer was born. Actually met him once at Rolling Rock Country Club.... Rolling Rock beer is named after that Club....
Robin Williams on how golf was invented. Clean version...

Reactions: Buckkillr
Never got into golf.... Never could get into hitting a little white ball 300 yds. go chase it, only to find it, hit it again, to repeat chasing it and looking for it...:ROFLMAO: And I come from Western Pa. near Latrobe where Arnold Palmer was born. Actually met him once at Rolling Rock Country Club.... Rolling Rock beer is named after that Club....
Where about's near Latrobe? I grew up in Indiana Pa and now live in Beaver County about 1.5 miles from the border. My wife is from Latrobe and I lived there a few years before finishing college.

Regarding deer hunting in Pa. I will stand by my opinion that the ANF is probably one of the best kept Whitetail secrets in the nation at the moment. It's 100% accessible and the guys I know who truly put in the work shot 140" every year with many going over 150". Not to many places you can go where you have that limited amount of hunting pressure with the potential to shoot that caliper of deer.

Regarding the original post. From what I hear the WV Archery only counties can get quite busy. As an OOS guy who has tried Ohio a few times since I left Summit County I can say it's not something I look forward to as Ohio Public is insanely busy. I just went to Oklahoma for a turkey hunt and was dumbfounded by the substantial amount of deer I saw on public land. Obviously no understanding of the quality of buck but if your goal was public access mule deer certainly would be a cake walk there.