Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Out Thick

Gordo

Athens County
My last violation was the last time i filled a buck tag. I was all jacked up driving home going a hole 5mph's over.

My dad had already recovered his buck, but i backed out because of a questionable liver hit. So it was in between shooting and recovering my deer.

The copper dropped the speeding but hit us both with seat belt tickets.

Could have been worse considering my old man was already 'celebrating' his harvest with a cold one on the way home when i was driving.

Funny lookin back on it . Just another part of 'our most successful' day of hunting story. Thanks copper!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I got one several years ago on my way to a flea market with my youngest daughter, had just bought a chevy pickup the day before and had a crack in the windshield, we stopped at my fire station to talk to the guys on shift and my daughter was in a hurry so we jumped in the truck, i made sure she had fastened her seat belt and away we went! forgot all about mine, the trooper pulled us over about 2 miles away, came up to the truck and stated he pulled me over for the windshield and asked me if I knew why else? I still hadnt realised I didnt have my belt on!! well he took my license and registration and went back to his car, did his bussiness in the car, got out and walked around to the back and opened his trunk. I'm thinking WTF!!, why is he getting in his trunk? I 'm thinking do I have a warrant or something? he shuts his trunk, comes up to my window, leans in and tells my daughter this is for you, and hands her a teddy the trooper coloring book and then looks at me and says this is for you, and hands me a damn seatbelt ticket!!! tells me he let me off with a warning for the windshield and to please put on my seatbelt!! says I should know better ( had a FD shirt on) and to have a good day! when he pulled out I told my daughter that is the most expensive coloring book I have ever seen!!!!