Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Outdoor Edge knife

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I broke my favorite boning knife last night cutting out a back strap. Contacted Outdoor Edge today. Less than an hour. Awaiting reply.

Upon doing some looking: I can replace it for $12.99. I'm blown away. How was my favorite knife so cheap? Field dressing to freezer. It has been my go to knife. Might sound like a negative review because it broke. On the contrary. I'd say this knife has done 95-99% of all my deer work for at least ten years. I butcher my own so this is a lot of cutting on one knife. I don't even care if they warranty the thing. I'll buy another.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I broke my favorite boning knife last night cutting out a back strap. Contacted Outdoor Edge today. Less than an hour. Awaiting reply.

Upon doing some looking: I can replace it for $12.99. I'm blown away. How was my favorite knife so cheap? Field dressing to freezer. It has been my go to knife. Might sound like a negative review because it broke. On the contrary. I'd say this knife has done 95-99% of all my deer work for at least ten years. I butcher my own so this is a lot of cutting on one knife. I don't even care if they warranty the thing. I'll buy another.
100% agree. I love mine - I have 4. I leave one in my pack. One in barn. Carry one daily and one extra in a drawer (I won this one). I buy extra blades and change them each time I gut a deer - sob is razor sharp. I gutted 3 does with it Tuesday in about 10-15 mins. Sharp knife - rinse off - pop on new blade and it’s ready for another three.

For the price - I think they are bad ass!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mine is not the replacement blade. Update: their warranty department called me back. Said to file warranty claim and they would have one on the way. To top it off, I could understand everything he said. Nice to see they are not outsourcing their warranty department. Keeping it in the states.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have the foldable version of the switchblade and I've gutted and quartered many deer with it. How did you break the blade on a backstrap?

Reactions: jagermeister

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have the foldable version of the switchblade and I've gutted and quartered many deer with it. How did you break the blade on a backstrap?
🤷🏻‍♂️ I was just working it. Twisting a bit with the knife to cut. I mean, they just about pull out on their own. Just a little slice here and there. Along the spine I twisted to reposition and heard it snap. Most bizarre thing. Never imagined it would break that way. Doubt I could replicate.

Buckmaster

Portage
My go to:
IMG_1152.png

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Shit. I just realized I'm getting old enough to have old shit. FML.
Those moments will come more frequently. Then after awhile you just start repeating yourself or forgetting what we were talking about altogether. Or so J tells me. 🫢

I tease. I tease. J is kicking butt and taking names still. I enjoy his banter and following his adventures.