Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pack frame

Now with the current CWD rules of having to debone meat prior to taking back to PA, I am thinking about doing that all in the woods and then packing it out. I did it with my buck since it was back in pretty far and used a sled to pull it out. That worked pretty well, but if I get one that dies in the bottom of the mountain in SE Ohio a pack may be an easier choice. I also wonder if a pack may be easier to pack in climbing stands as well when hunting? Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

I bought a military Molle 2 frame with shoulder straps and waist belt to make a truly mobile hang on setup with my XOP stand and sticks. With that an my Browning pack, I was thinking the same thing when we hit PA for gun season. It works super well and the new CWD regs. annoy me.

Reactions: cspot
Well, it came as a whole unit. That frame is pretty sturdy. I'd say with some buckle straps and Paracord it would work great

I guess that I am worried about the meat sliding down the bag and working it's way out around whatever is holding it on. Wouldn't be a problem with bone in quarters, but may be with deboned meat.

I see they have these that would maybe work as well. Of course this is used. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Molle-ruck...od/292321323363?hash=item440fb56963:rk:4:pf:0

I guess that I am worried about the meat sliding down the bag and working it's way out around whatever is holding it on. Wouldn't be a problem with bone in quarters, but may be with deboned meat.

I see they have these that would maybe work as well. Of course this is used. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Molle-ruck...od/292321323363?hash=item440fb56963:rk:4:pf:0
I know it's a bit of work but, if you build a "net' with the Paracord, it should hold everything in there, right as rain. It's a bit of work but, you could also tighten it too.

Reactions: cspot

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I just ordered 2 of those. One of those for my climber and one for my son's. I figure I can take the stand off and use it for packing out the deer. I am likely to go back to the truck to get rid of hunting gear before packing out the deer anyway. The price is right anyway.
Good deal, you'll like it! Jesse and I carried our m100's through the Ozarks with that pack for 14 miles. Very comfortable

Good deal, you'll like it! Jesse and I carried our m100's through the Ozarks with that pack for 14 miles. Very comfortable
I also ordered a Jet Sled for getting deer out that way. Will probably use the sled mostly for deer removal. Only if it is in a very deep hole will I likely use the backpack. If I go 14 miles in SE Ohio it is likely that I am lost and walking in circles.